members

online now

discussions

Xbox Code 7000, Servers Unavailable?

New Poster

Xbox Code 7000, Servers Unavailable?

As soon as I launch the Xfinity Xbox app, it says:

XFINITY Server Unavailable

Our XFINITY servers are temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later or visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information

Code 7000

Is it just me or is this for everybody too?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xbox Code 7000, Servers Unavailable?

Same error here. Been waiting months for this. I dont know why you would launch an app that had no servers backing it .... or be prepaired for the influx of customers.

New Poster

Glad they block HBOGO and their own app doesn't even work. Great work, Comcast. Really, really extraordinary. 

New Poster

Same problem here. I thought it might be the that I have basic cable without on demand. Oh well, also wondered if it would count against my internet usage, probably so.

New Poster

It does not count against your internet usage.  Way to launch an app without testing it.  Another A + job from comcast. 

New Poster

Yep, same for me. Also been waiting for months. Been troubleshooting my thumbs off to no avail. Can't find anything on the error other than a lot of people complaining about it. A bad launch is one thing, a bad *silent* launch is just insulting. Good thing there is no real alternative to Comcast in my area. Good thing for Comcast anyway...

New Poster

I found this website to shed a little light...   http://www.liveside.net/2012/03/27/xfinity-on-xbox-not-without-problems/     

I've got to say that for all the flack Comcast is getting, you have to realize that this technnology is very complex and with many variables to make it all work together seamlessly. We live in an amazing time with our technology so let's just be a little patient. Comcast doesn't want dissatisfied customers, so I believe they will get it together...or else.....

New Poster

Comcast is rife with dissatisfied customers, they don't care about satisfaction when they know there are no alternatives. Furthermore, it's only complicated because they have intentionally obfuscated the process/service in order to retain control and prevent customers from getting media through other means. Verizon has been rocking their app since December at least. Wish I had FIOS in my area, but Comcast is seeing to it that no one will be getting FIOS anytime soon. Free market my ***...

New Poster

im waiting on the phone now with comcast about this error 7000 message. why have the app on xbox if u cant use it? makes no sense to me.

New Poster

Complete BS Con-cast. But what should we expect. Just another scam on their part.

Have gotten multiple error codes.7000 appears to be the latest. And CS on Con-cast side is its usual joke. Been transfered, disconnected, lied to, run around, had my chain yanked... then told that I should call microsoft ... that the problem must be my xbox (apperenbtly Both xboxes I have are suffering from the same hardware issue according to Con-cast. THough it affects nothing else... funny no?)

Splash my xbox guide page with all these great promises about how great your "new" service will be.. then .. nothing... or worse. I take time out of my day to upload an app and sign in only to get nothing.

The day when we will be able to cut the cord without loosing anyting is coming.. and I won't think twice when I cut YOU out Con-cast.It is SO easy to find contetent that you have on your "on-demand" site.. you push us there....

New Poster

I agree... Reminds of the Louis CK bit he did on Conan years ago. Look up "Everythings amazing and nobody is happy."

New Poster

White people problems huh? Thats what Louis C.K. would say. But, really as a customer and how much money i Pay them as well as the thousands of subscribers they need to give some explanations. Adds on TV showing XBOX HBO, XFINITY on XBOX. they are mis-leading the consumers. Switch and bait!

New Poster

Switch and Bait.

Business owners or noramal people. Let me know if your company can start advertising that they have this new cool product on national TV and when you order it they don't? What would happen? The cart has passed the horse. Please be responsible and explain this to you customers Comcast.

New Poster

It does not count against your internet usage.  

Which apparently may be in violation of Net Neutrality laws.  Kudos. 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity on X-Box and HBO

i cant even log on i keep getting error 7000 message telling me to keep trying to log in that its temporarily unavaiable.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity on X-Box and HBO

What the heck.  Comcast is not one of the providers for HBOgo in XBOX or Roku.  I thought they were suppose to provide great customer service.  At least thats what their commercials state.  I need Comcast to be a provider along with fix the code 7000 issue with xbox.  If not then why should we even bother with Comcast.  This has lasted way to long.

Official Employee

Hi all, 

Are you still getting Error 7000? This was an internal error that should now be resolved. Let me know if you are still having any issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Xbox HBO Go blocked?

Agree! But, When will Xfinity work on my XBOX 360? Another error message code 7000!

New Poster

Yes. I'm still getting it.

New Poster

I am also continuing to get a message stating that the server is not available righ now.  I am paying almost 200 a month for tv, internet and phone.  And can't have any more than 2 boxes without paying for them so it would be nice if this would work.

Frequent Visitor

It is now the 8th of April and I am still getting this error.

Official Employee

kewilker wrote:

It is now the 8th of April and I am still getting this error.

Try deleting the app from your Xbox and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I deleted the app.  The downloaded.  Authentication was quick.  Validating Configuration took a long time resulting in the following message:

"Our XFINITY servers are temporarily unavailable.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please try again later or visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information.  Code 7002."

Nothing changed.   Just deleting the app and giving up.  If I don't see the app I won't be tempted to have optimism that someone is actually fixing the problem and it will work.   Thanks

Contributor

Yep, I also get the 7002 message, posted on another thread.  Still have yet to hear back on this.  Is it connected to the internal "maintainance" they are supposedly doing that has knock out the data usage meter for some customers?

Frequent Visitor

It is Friday and still "temporarily" unavailable severs.   I was wondering if I might have a definition issue.  I went to the Merriam-Webster dictionary to see the definition of temporarily.   Much to my surprise I found: "during a limited time".  Based on the amount of time the servers haven't been available I have another question. 

Comcast what is your definition of temporarily or how many weeks/month are in a temporarily?

Discussion stats