Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

What has replaced Xbox 360 Xfinity app?

Contributor

What has replaced Xbox 360 Xfinity app?

I received a message via the Xbox SmartGlass app from Comcast... "Effective 9/1/15, the Xfinity On Demand app will be removed from Xbox 360 consoles. You can still acess programming that's part of your Xfinity TV subscription through one of our programming partner apps."

What are these programming partner apps? Could you please provide a list of these partner apps or websites? There is a different thread about problems with the app that has now turned to complaints that there is no other product we can use. In many cases, other apps do not permit log in with Comcast credentials.

Also, you should think about removing the Xbox 360 pages on the support forum that say this feature is still available.

New Poster

Re: What has replaced Xbox 360 Xfinity app?

I too, am searching for the replacement... for the Comcast Xbox 360 App. Please advise.

Silver Problem Solver

New Poster

I am too having the same problem...

The partner apps that you can use depend on the type of subscription that you have with xfinity.

In my case i downloaded abc and was able to use it...but not A&E

It really sucks that the app just went missing and alot of us were not warned about it.

Looks like comcast caught on to people watching hd shows without getting charged for the HD price lol IT was good while it lasted!

Silver Problem Solver

I received a message on Xbox Live that the app would be decommissioned a whole month before it was decommissioned. I think I also received an email.

The people that didn't get notified likely don't keep their contact info up to date or don't check them for months on end.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation