Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Vikings Season 4 episodes were there last week, gone now

ANSWERED
Visitor

Vikings Season 4 episodes were there last week, gone now

I started watching Vikings from the beginning a couple of weeks ago.  Got to Season 4 and all episodes were there a few days ago.  Watched through episode 4.  Friday, I wanted to watch and saw that episodes 1-6 were no longer there.  Season 4 now only has episodes 7-10.  What happened to episodes 1-6 that were there just a couple of days ago?  I need episodes 5 and 6 before continuing.  Please fix.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Vikings Season 4 episodes were there last week, gone now

Keep an eye on the expiration date for episodes. It's normal for episodes to only be available for a few weeks.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Keep an eye on the expiration date for episodes. It's normal for episodes to only be available for a few weeks.

Visitor

Any idea how I find Season 4 episodes 5 and 6 once they've expired?

Silver Problem Solver

Not sure. They may be available on a streaming service.

Silver Problem Solver

Some searching found them on iTunes and Amazon Prime. $2.99 per episode, or $40-45 for a season.

Visitor

Vikings

Why can't i get the first few episodes of Season 4 ? or if i can, how ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Vikings

They have expired out. It looks like History is using a roughly 1 month expiration from the original airdate of each episode. This is History's decision, not Comcast. Some networks only allow 1-2 weeks!

I have seen all episodes available through iTunes and Amazon, at $2.99 each.

New Poster

Vikings Season 4 / Unavail

Hello,

Please explain why seasons 1-3 are fully available to watch, but the current Season (4) only shows episodes 7-10.

This is unacceptable.
Tags (3)
Problem Solver

Re: Vikings Season 4 / Unavail

apparently the History channel doesnt want you or anyone else watching Season (4) episodes 1-6,

and hasn't made them available to, or has removed them from,  Comcast's on-demand.

they also may not be available at Hulu or Netflix etc.

Season (4) episodes 1-6 aren't available at History channel's web site either,

and episode 7 is only available for 3 more days there.

http://www.history.com/shows/vikings

Service Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for Bypassing the Forum Language Filters ( after being warned twice )

Frequent Visitor

They don't expire. Read my post. 

Administrator
Administrator
Service Expert

Grasiorai wrote:
Hello,

Please explain why seasons 1-3 are fully available to watch, but the current Season (4) only shows episodes 7-10.

This is unacceptable.

I use an app called Justwatch that shows where you can stream episodes. I checked season 4 ep 1 and found it is only available on iTunes. I'm guessing same app on android will show a similar listing in their 'store' too. It is just a way to monetize.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

They removed your post so I can't read it.
Silver Problem Solver

It's normal on most networks for CURRENT season episodes to only be available for a few weeks. Those will be free. At some point, after they all expire and the season is over, they may reappear as PPV, most commonly just before the next season begins.

Silver Problem Solver

As I mentioned in another post, for most networks, CURRENT season episodes are typically only available for a week to a month. Then, once all of them expire out, they may eventually become available for a price. Typically, just before a new season begins.

Official Employee

bertdanger wrote:

Then why are season's 1-3 fully available? I've never seen anything expire. Do you work for Comcast? I think Comcast is splitting the fee's the History Channel is making for the $1.99 options where people have to pay for the missed episodes. 

Thanks for your comments and feedback here.

Answering your question directly, basically it comes down to licensing agreements. The content providers (owners) are the ones that determine which movies, shows and specific episodes of a show are available (and duration), as well as pricing guidelines.

We follow what has been specified as per the current negotiated contract. For any content that does cost $, I can tell you that the large majority of that money goes directly to the content owner.   

As per our current agreement with program providers (the owners of the content), previous episodes of some programs (mostly non-current seasons) are currently offered On Demand on a per episode or a per season cost. 

This situation is not unique to Comcast and pricing for this program and other selections (including availability) are often comparable across other platforms and providers. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: History Channel's Vikings

I can't get episodes 1-6 of season four. When can I expect the glitch to be resolved.
Visitor

That is NOT cool. there is no good reason for Comcast to stop the episodes. except $$$ for Comcast .

Visitor

At&T didn't charge exta , they showed the full season on their On demand. what is your problem?

Official Employee

Mswaim wrote:
I can't get episodes 1-6 of season four. When can I expect the glitch to be resolved.

Apologies. This is not a "glitch". The History Channel does not allow us to offer this season On Demand at this time. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

vic2u2 wrote:

That is NOT cool. there is no good reason for Comcast to stop the episodes. except $$$ for Comcast .

Apologies. The History Channel does not allow us to offer this season On Demand at this time. This is at their direction as per our current contract with them for this series. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

vic2u2 wrote:

At&T didn't charge exta , they showed the full season on their On demand. what is your problem?

Apologies. Their contract terms may be different, I can't speak for why they may have it available.

The History Channel does not allow us to offer this season On Demand at this time. This is at their direction as per our current contract with them for this series.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The expiration theory doesn't fit. I can watch episodes 1-10 and 14-20. Why would 11-13 expire before earlier episodes?
New Poster

If this is true that comcast can't provide the current seasons episodes, then why can I watch episodes 1-10 and 14-20 but not 11-13?
Silver Problem Solver

The 4th season was split in two sets of 10. 1-10 aired early 2016, and 11-20 are airing now. So, 1-10 are available as a form of 'catch up'. 11-13 have probably expired. You shouldn't see 19-20, as they have not aired yet. Also, from what I can see, the current season shows up as the air date, not as episode numbers.

New Poster

That doesn't help me at all, 11-17 are gone, how do I get them back.
New Poster

This is not just a comcast issue or a history channel issue. This happens because when season 4 of Vikings comes out on dvd/blu-ray, the network doesn't want to give the public a free alternative to buying it. I'm usually all for complaining about comcast & just about every network on TV for way too many commercials at extremely high cost. However, the History channel is actually doing us a solid by offering the episodes on demand for a while during the airing of the new seasons until the dvd's come out. Some shows (ex. Chris Hanson's Crime Watch Daily) is never offered on demand at all by Fox.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats