Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Victoria on demand

New Poster

Victoria on demand

PBS Masterpiece Victoria was aired last Sunday.  I was unable to catch the first hour so wanted to catch the entire program on-demand.  However, it is not listed in my menus.  Should this be available now?  It is on-line, but I want to watch it on my TV not my computer and I don't do streaming.  I called Comcast, they did a refresh but that didn't do anything.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Victoria on demand

Victoria is on PBS, so it's up to your local PBS station to release it to Comcast for OnDemand.

Also, rebooting (refreshing) the box will do nothing for OnDemand. OnDemand is dynamic and menus are loaded as you use it.

New Poster

It's not yet listed On Demand in my market, either (Bay Area.) Anxiously waiting!!
New Poster

I live in north Fl and it's not on demand either. Ugh cause I want to watch lol.
Problem Solver

Victoria is being advertised in the "TV Spotlight" clip on the On Demand menu screen, but is not yet available.

On Demand Team, your attention please. 

Tags (3)
New Poster

What is it with OnDemand and the PBS shows? I had to fight for four days before they put up Sherlock ep. 2 and now there is no Victoria. Well, I reached out to Comcast Cares on Twitter and this is the response I got back:

"Hello, we heard back on this already. It's a known issue. PBS had this content tagged with a start date of 2016 as opposed to 2017 and it is causing a problem with us recieving it. PBS is working to get it resolved. We have not been given an estimated resolution time but we will follow this for updates and let you know when we get a date."

So it seems a computer system is to blame. Seems silly that it is taking this long to change a date on a submission but for once I guess I cannot fully lay the blame on Comcast.

Problem Solver

ClosetBrit,

Thanks for letting us know what you learned!

New Poster

Glad it's not just me!  I've called and chatted and all they ever do is "refresh" but never really answer the question.  Thanks for your feedback!

New Poster

Bulkington,

No problem! I post again if they DM me an estimated date of resolution. My guess is that it will just magically appear without them saying anything much like Sherlock. Let's hope for all our sakes it gets up before ep. 2 airs on Sunday!

New Poster

I'm waiting too!  I would much prefer to watch on the tv, not a small screen. 

Contributor

It is now three days since this program aired.  Hopefully, Comcast is being truthful about the reason for the delay.  I have contacted PBS several times in the past when the latest episode (usually 'Masterpiece') has not been available OnDemand.  Each and every time, PBS replies that the episode was submitted prior to the air date, and that Comcast is getting 'sloppy'.  Just sayin.

Problem Solver

It's here! About 12 a.m. EDT on 1/20, Victoria was added to the On Demand menu.  Haven't yet watched - bedtime and all - but happiness nonetheless.

Standard Time...lack of coffee

New Poster

Had a similar problem. Watched footbal Sunday night, intending to catch Victoria on Monday. The show came up Monday as a featured TV program in the On Demand menu. In fact, it was the very first thing to come up. But there was no option to watch. Checked back next day and still had the same issue. I called Comcast and rep, after resetting my boxes several times to no avail, told me I had to come to their store  the next day (45 minute drive) and exchange all my equipment. I said "You're nuts! Just add the Watch option to your On Demand menu!" She told me others had reported the same problem and they'd fix it over the next few days. The next day and the day after that there were three Xfinity trucks outside my house with a crew of six. They changed all the wires to my house and my neighbors! I could only laugh. Maybe it was something else. I hope they didn't pay a crew of six two days wages for an On Demand option not showing up! Anyway, after the crew left, there was no change. I ended up watching Victoria on a Standard Def rebroadcast Thursday night (Philadelphia Y2 - channel 257), only because I doubted Comcast would ever make it available On Demand.

New Poster

Have the same problem here also - Denver. 

New Poster

*** Tonight episode 2 is supposed to air and it's not on ANY of the PBS stations on comcast and it's not listed on the schedule to air as well. It goes straight from episode 1- to episode 3 on the list. Episode 1 aired days after it was released, so I ended up watching on my computer.

Problem Solver

Jwo 1,

Victoria premiered last week in a 2-hour block.  If that was episodes 1 and 2, then tonight will be episode 3 in a 1-hour block.  Does that help?

Frequent Visitor

Bulkington, Thank you.  I was waiting for S1E2 to show up but now see S1E1 is 124 minutes. This may be premature but guessing you're correct about Episodes 1 & 2 being combined.

New Poster

It is my experience that PBS is quite stingy with its "on demand" offerings.  I've read the response from Comcast regarding issues with PBS changing from 2016 to 2017, but this is not a new issue with PBS.   Best bet is to search the various other PBS channels available (WHYY2, YINFOR, NJ, Lehigh Valley) who offer  PBS programs on different schedules  There is a PBS channel on Roku, but again, in my experience, one must become a "member" (@$50/yr)  to view the most recent shows. 

New Poster

When will the episodes 1 through 4 first 4 episodes of Victoria be on demand?
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 14 in conversation