New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ultra High Definition Sampler App Now Available on Select LG Smart TVs

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: UHD sampler App

Hi if anyone is still following this thread.  Just got an OLED LG TV and I can't get this app to ever start.  Just the three loading dots.  one time it came up and asked me to activate and it was successful online activating but the app never responded to the activation.  Help would be appreciated.

New Poster

Ultra HD Sampler on LG 65UH7700 TV wont load

I have the Unltra HD sampler app installed (V1.0.5) on my new LG 65UH7700 TV, it launches but gets stuck on the loading page (3 dots blinking). It initally loaded to an authentification page which had me login online (sucessful) but then never loaded past that point. My TV is up to date with software version 04.30.65. 

Does this app work for any other LG owners? 

New Poster

Re: Ultra HD Sampler on LG 65UH7700 TV wont load

Same thing here haven't had a successful load. Past authenticity code
Problem Solver

Well; for what it's worth. I was able to load the app with my 2015 Samsung UHD television just a few minutes ago.

They did add 2 episodes of "Superstore" since yesterday. The All Episodes button still does not function.

They may be working on the app today. Maybe the section of code used for your brand of television. I would check the app later today to see what happens.

Regular Visitor

Ultra HD sampler app is broken on my LG tv.

I have a LG uh6150 tv and have been trying to use the ultra HD sampler app. It does not work and calling customer support is completely useless. They insist I must be putting in the wrong login and I keep telling them I never get the chance to put my login info in. This is what I see when I start the app: 

I log in on my computer and am told the device was successfully connected and nothing happens. I have gotten my issue upgraded to a tier 2 ticket with customer support. They said I would be talking with an engineer. He told me after confusing this app with the Xfinity tv app for 30 minutes "go on your computer and see if Google can help you." I would really appreciate if anyone could help me. Thanks

Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem. I've spent hours talking with customer support about it and they upgraded the problem to have it urgently taken care of. They then had an "engineer" call me. Who after telling me he had no knowledge of that app existing said "Go on your computer and see if Google can help." When I asked if there was someone who actually knew anything about the app he said no. Hopefully someone competent is seeing this and can actually help us.

Problem Solver

They were advertising they had 4K (this "Ultra HD Sampler") before Christmas. This is all they have so they should work harder to get is fixed.

It is really too bad that they could not have gotten an okay to keep some of the Rio Olympics sports on this app. The Japanese did an excellent job with their 4K and 8K HDR cameras. Few people besides me got a chance to view all the sports down-loaded to the app.

It really showed how good viewing sports will be when 4K finally gets here.

Problem Solver

Re: Ultra HD sampler app is broken on my LG tv.

Were you at the screen on your television directing to the new site on your laptop to sign in to use the "Ultra HD Sampler"?

Did you leave your television on this specific screen while you signed on to the app? The I.D. and password should have been the same ones used to sign onto the Comcast site (at least in my case). After signing on at the "bit ... ly" site the Ultra HD Sampler app came up on the home page.

Gold Problem Solver

4K UHD Sampler Not Available???

I was hoping to watch an episode of Superstore in 4k but I was not able to sign in to the 4K UHD App. Something has changed.

Any comment from the powers that be???

Regular Visitor

Yes. The app will not authenticate. It looks like a problem with the app installed on new LG UHD TVs. It's a shame that customer support has been useless. I'm hoping someone at Comcast with actual knowledge about the app sees this and helps us out.

Problem Solver

Re: 4K UHD Sampler Not Available???

Evidently the problem is with LG televisions and the app.

It still works for me on my Samsung TV. The All Episodes icon for most episodes still does not function. The two new shows were the first two weeks of January 2017. They are funny as usual. Nothing else new.

The latest version is: 2017_01_24 which is the second one this year.

Gold Problem Solver

I rebooted all my gear this morning so I will try again tonight.
Frequent Visitor

was working a couple of weeks ago on my LG9600 and now it hangs on the login screen and the 3 dots just keep rolling.   no response from the app.   it has stopped working.   comcast please fix it. 

Frequent Visitor

the app has stopper working on my LG 65EG9600 about a week ago.it was working before that.    three dots now just keep rolling.   no response from the app.   wifi or wired,  it doesnt matter.   come on comcast,  FIX IT!!!!!  

Frequent Visitor

the app has stopper working on my LG 65EG9600 about a week ago.  it was working before that.    three dots now just keep rolling.   no response from the app.   wifi or wired,  it doesnt matter.   come on comcast,  FIX IT!!!!!  

Problem Solver

It looks like someone merged more the one post here in the last hour. Now replies look confusing.

Gold Problem Solver

App is not working after a full reboot on all of my gear. Looks like a marketing agreement expired.

Comcast if you are serious about retaining customers you should be providing more information on issues such as these. Sometimes you folks are your own worst enemies...

MNtundraRET wrote:

It looks like someone merged more the one post here in the last hour. Now replies look confusing.

Frequent Visitor

since my reply from other posts were merged here does it mean someone is working on this or is this the perverbial "CIRCULAR FILE" 

Regular Visitor

I've been complaining to them every single day this week about it and they've assured me they have people working on it. It currently is being worked on in the tier 3 engineer department. I will not be giving up and will inform you all when I get a response that it has been fixed.

New Poster

Same problem here... Thanks for being persistent about a fix.

New Poster

Same problem here on my LG OLED55B6P.
New Poster

Same here. I was excited to get some new 4K content but am very disappointed. I check back a few times a day with no luck. 😑
New Poster

Xfinity not loading on lg tv

I just purchased an LG HT TV. The infinity app has been saying loading configurations, authorizing service, loading settings, etc. for the last 30 minutes. I've tried going to another channel, and coming back; turning the TV off; nothing is working. Please advise.
image.jpg
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity not loading on lg tv

Kwhip89 wrote:
I just purchased an LG HT TV. The infinity app has been saying loading configurations, authorizing service, loading settings, etc. for the last 30 minutes. I've tried going to another channel, and coming back; turning the TV off; nothing is working. Please advise.

is that the output from a Set Top Box? If so, what is the model number. you posted this in the TV app area.

If your display is the 'sampler pack' app installed on your TV there are some posts on the forum that say it has been down/not working for some time. You might check to be sure that your TV software/firmware is up to date in versions.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

The Ultra HD Sampler app started working on my LG OLED65E6P.  It now gets past the loading screen and I can use the app to watch the available shows.

Problem Solver

Droolin Dog:

Does the All Episodes Icon to the right of the latest 4 episodes icon function when selected? It should open up the folder to one or two past seasons.

This is what currently does not function on my Samsung television. I tested again just this morning. I can watch the 4 episodes for any of the 5 choices for current tv programs.

New Poster

The "All Episodes" button does not work.  However, I can watch shows on the short list.

Gold Problem Solver

The app appears to be working now on my LG OLED. In fact it appears to be working better than it has in the past. No picture breakups... audio is almost in sync.

For the first time since this app rolled out, I was finally able to watch a complete episode of Superstore without any major issues...

New Poster

Re: Problem with UHD Sampler App

Mark,

Did you ever get the "all episodes" button to work? Sees fine if the episode you want is showing, but older episodes don't display.
Problem Solver

Re: Problem with UHD Sampler App

No. I have a separate post going on this problem under another forum category. The one they announced the "Ultra HD Sampler" app on. So far this year they have added exactly 4 episodes. Three on "Superstore" and one on "Suits".

They may be blocking the "all episodes" icons on purpose even though the counts for each show still show. They may no longer have the right to show those episodes.

Frequent Visitor

Can't authenticate Xfinity UHD Sampler Pack on new TV

Hi there-

Xfinity UHD Sampler App is loading fine on my new TV. Problem is that it tells me to go to a website to authenticate myself. The website it sends me to is: http://login.comcast.net/oauth/device/activate

When I go to that link I get a "This site can't be reached" message. I've tried different browsers, and I've tried on my network at work and home.

Does that page work anymore? Do I need to go somewhere else?

Service Expert

Re: Can't authenticate Xfinity UHD Sampler Pack on new TV

Do you have a supported TV?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-smart-tv/

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Uh, yeah. I have the app on my TV. If I didn't have the app, I wouldn't be able to try to authenticate?

So now that we have established that I have a TV with the Xfinity UHD sampler App, and that I have been presented with a code on my TV that I'm supposed to go to a website and enter, any idea from our friends at Comcast why the website doesn't work?

Service Expert

pbrown95 wrote:

Uh, yeah. I have the app on my TV. If I didn't have the app, I wouldn't be able to try to authenticate?

So now that we have established that I have a TV with the Xfinity UHD sampler App, and that I have been presented with a code on my TV that I'm supposed to go to a website and enter, any idea from our friends at Comcast why the website doesn't work?

I have never used the app because I don't have UHD.  I also don't know whether the app will load on a non-supported TV.  Just trying to help.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have the same issue , cant get the site to load . My LG tv is a supported model . It's odd that the app on the updated television gives you a code to register/authenticate and comcast faq site on the sampler has you loginig in like on your email account to register. I think they are purposely locking newbies out of the app . Imho
Frequent Visitor

It appears the Comcast has fixed their webpage. It loads as of today.

Problem Solver

"Ultra HD Sampler" app (version 2017_08_01)

Hooray!

With the latest version: "2017_08_01" Comcast as finally fixed the app so we can now view all the past episodes of the 3 shows still in the 4K app.

Thank you Comcast programmers in charge of the app. Maybe this might mean a version of this app might be ready soon for the new 4K cable-box when it comes unavailable to all of us with 4K television. Not just the few of us who had the correct Samsung UHD television to watch to watch all the original offerings from May 2016.

Problem Solver

Re: "Ultra HD Sampler" app (version 2017_08_01)

Thank you.Comcast.

Regular Visitor

How did you get the app to work?

Gold Problem Solver

The app does not work with all TV sets. It works with select 2015 and 2016 higher end Samsung and LG sets.
New Poster

UHD TV

When using UHD sampler app, audio does not match the video.  CC are on and they seem to match the video.  Streaming over wifi, but the speed seems to be adequate, no pauses.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Problem Solver

Re: UHD TV

What episode from "Power" or "Outlander" were you watching?

I just checked the last episode of "Power" found left on the app, and did not see any issues.

Problem Solver

"Ultra HD Sampler" / loading failure

This morning my Samsung UHD tv updated from version 1501 to 1510.

Now when I tried to load the "Ultra HD Sampler" app, the app failed on the screen showing the different sections loading. nothing was loaded.

Has anyone else had this problem?

You Tube loads and plays 4K without any problems. I am wondering if the update somehow changed how Comcast recognizes my tv ID and password (saved) when loading?

Problem Solver

Re: "Ultra HD Sampler" / loading failure

I just checked the app a few minutes ago.

This time I was able to get onto the app. Upon testing the app I got the message of a streaming problem when trying to watch an episode and to try later.

I assume Comcast may be working on the problem and will try again tommorrow.

Problem Solver

Re: "Ultra HD Sampler" / loading failure

I just checked the app a few minutes ago.

The app loaded fine. I was able to play an episode from both of the two tv shows still on the app.

Thank's Comcast app crew for taking care of the latest problem

Problem Solver

Is "Ultra HD Sampler" app being dropped?

I have not been able to load the "Ultra HD Sampler" app for over a week now. It never finishes loading on loading screen.

Is this 4K app being dropped now that the 4K cable-box is successfully being launched with Netflix 4K offerings for a price?

Official Employee

Re: Is "Ultra HD Sampler" app being dropped?

Hello MNtundraRET. We currently do not have plans to drop this app. It certainly should be up and running for you. Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app on your smart TV, to see if that fixes your loading issue?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Problem Solver

Re: Is "Ultra HD Sampler" app being dropped?

I have't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app yet. I saw this problem before and the problem was fixed shortly after.

I will wait to see comments if more programing has been added to it, and test the app from time to time. If someone is working on the app, I would see that happen at that time.

Thank you for your reply.

Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Arris TV-box (UHD tv testing)

Rick:

As long as we are both on line now, could you do me a favor and see if you can get on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app?

Mark

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Arris TV-box (UHD tv testing)

It's not working. Guide will load but the program will not load.

Honestly now that they dropped Superstore from the app I don't care.

MNtundraRET wrote:

Rick:

As long as we are both on line now, could you do me a favor and see if you can get on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app?

Mark