members

online now

discussions

Ultra HD Sampler / All Episodes problem

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 1 of 14 (1,271 Views)

Ultra HD Sampler / All Episodes problem

I tested the "Ultra HD Sampler" this morning. The only episodes that work are the ones with a picture of the episode.

The "All Episodes" folder does not open to "season 1", etc. when pressing select on remote. It appears the link to each season folder is missing. I have tried the "All Episodes" folder for all 5 shows with the same result.

13 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 14 (1,212 Views)

Re: Ultra HD Sampler / All Episodes problem

To be more specific about this coding problem, it looks like a sub-routine common to all 5 shows on this app. The "All Episodes" folder should be set up to open when the select button on my remote is pressed and control code is entered. It seems the control is not recognised at this point in the programing.

The select button works fine for all other parts of the app. Also; the app shows the correct numbers of episodes for each show so they should still be in the data base.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 14 (1,161 Views)

I have this exact same problem. The app navigates fine, it plays content fine, EXCEPT I can't press the "View All Episodes" button at the end of each show's list of episode thumbnails. Using the remote to select that button does nothing whatsoever.

My experience is from a Samsung KS8000 series (2016 model).

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 14 (1,154 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping someone would confirm what I saw. Hopefully they are working on the problem. They have fixed past problems I have reported.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 14 (1,102 Views)

As of 1/7/17, the app is still not getting to past episodes using the icon.

Is anyone being allowed to fix the app?

Or is the problem that none of these past episodes can be watched since Comcast's current rights to show them has expired?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 14 (1,053 Views)

I checked the "Ultra HD Sampler" app again this morning 1/10/17. While I can play the latest 4 episodes from any of the 5 shows shows available using the episode icon without any problem, I still cannot get to any older season episodes using All Episodes icon.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 14 (987 Views)

As of today, I noticed the app version was now "2017 01 10" but the app still does not show any more older episodes when the All Episodes icons are selected. Nothing new has been added for months. Only the 4 episodes shown for the 5 shows will play.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 14 (894 Views)

App still has problems reported as of 1/18/17. Anyone being allowed to work on it?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 14 (723 Views)

I just checked the app again this morning. It shows a new version: 2017_01_24.

My Samsung TV is version: 1467 (latest).

Nothing has changed on the working of the app. "All Episodes" icon does not function when select button on remote is pushed. There are also no new tv shows on the app.

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-04-2017 08:51 AM

Problem Solver

Message 10 of 14 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]

It has now been over a month with this program control (All Episodes) not functioning to allow us to watch the the older episodes on the 5 tv shows. The home page of "Ultra HD Sampler" app shows the show count for each of the 5 tv shows, but only the last 4 with icons play.

I think by now at least one Comcast employee on the forum could explain whether the extra shows are blocked (contract reasons) or they have not been able to fix the coding problems yet.

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-10-2017 07:32 AM

Problem Solver

Message 11 of 14 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well as of today, 2/9/17, it seems they have added one new episode of "Superstore" and also one episode of " Suits 1/25/17". In this case they skipped about 3 episodes in between this one and the last one shown for "Suits" in 4K version. It doesn't make much sense. We still cannot view the older episodes as mentioned many time here.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 14 (331 Views)

Well we have now gone almost 2 months since I reported this problem. The app has not been fixed. No new shows or episodes since about 3 weeks ago. Two episodes since the first of the year.

I can add the Amazon app for $100. for a year and get about a dozen different 4K series and same for 4K movies. It is getting difficult to stick with Comcast and it's cost especially after loosing almost all of the Full HD (1080) channels. When are you guys going to get serious about getting any 4K programing?

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-03-2017 08:32 AM

Problem Solver

Message 13 of 14 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]

We just got one episode of "Superstore" this morning. Old episodes listed it the count by each different show still cannot be accessed. That is an average of just one single new episode given us each month since 1/1/17.

Maybe the pinned anouncement of the "Ultra HD Sampler" app show be labelled "Beta version". I notice the version changed to: 2017_03_01.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-17-2017 11:21 AM

Problem Solver

Message 14 of 14 (96 Views)

[ Edited ]

Problem not fixed yet. No replies from Comcast yet on what is going on with this app.