Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The long road home ep 8

New Poster

The long road home ep 8

Episode 8 of The Long Road Home is missing on demand on Nat Geo. Please update ASAP, it’s a great series that I can’t finish.
Frequent Visitor

Re: The long road home ep 8

• I also cannot see episode 8 on  tv.  Strange enough, it shows and streams on the Comcast phone and tablet app, but is not listed on the tv on demand.  
Frequent Visitor

National Geographic series

Come on Comcast, fix it! 

Episode 8, Always Dream of Me in the National Geographic series, The Long Road Home isn't showing on Cable On Demand.

Problem Solver

There was a similar issue in November when episode 4 was loaded to Xfinity Stream but was missing from the cable On Demand menu.  Please have the On Demand Team correct the current oversight as they did in the past.

Regular Visitor

I just realized Episode 8 is missing for me as well! Is there any help available to get this fixed? 

New Poster

Fix this glitch! 

New Poster

Still missing Long Road Home episode 8, Comcast. We had it set to record but it didn't and it's not On Demand.
New Poster

Now that, as of last night, The Long Road Home was nomminated for a Critics' Choice Award.  Maybe Comcast can get their act togeather and add EP 8 to on demand we all pay for.

Problem Solver

Still missing.  On Demand Team, your attention, please.

New Poster

Comcast drives me crazy. I just spoke to representative and he once again updated my box which I knew would do nothing. I have been looking for the finale for almost a month now. He told me that it is National Geographic’s issue??? I pay $200 plus for this wonderful service!😡Guess I will check Hulu or Amazon
Frequent Visitor

Comcast, where are you?  Fix this now!

md528, that's a shame that you were told it's a National Geographic issue.  Clearly, if I can see the episode on my xfinity tablet app but not the tv, it's a Comcast on demand error.

Problem Solver

New Poster

It is now January 26, 2018. I have had numerous 'chats' with Xfinity personnel, who have assured me that the missing episode # 8 would be posted, and that they would refer this issue to a 'higher authority'. Today I sent a complaint about Xfinity to the National Geographic Channel asking for help. I have also made a complaint to the Mass Dept of Telecommunications Cable Consumer Division, and have been promised a phone call. We shall see..

absolutely ridiculous!

@ wrote:

Does anyone know if Direct TV has some kind of ON DEMAND?

New Poster

I've got an update to my own post. I heard back from the National Geographic Channel. Here is what they said:

'.....we are actively looking into this, and our team has confirmed that this episode had an error in publishing On Demand. Episode 8 should be availble early next week'.  So apparently, it wasn't Xfinity's fault. But they are not off the hook. I asked them to do what I just did, and they wouldn't/didn't do it. We'll see if it shows up. Hey Xfinity, you owe me!!!!

Frequent Visitor

good  work Patrick.  The episode is not there yet, but I'm hoping in the next few days.  In the meanwhile, our smart tv has a Nat Geo. app, where we were able to see the episode tonight, even though the streaming in the last ten minutes was a little buggy.

New Poster

Unfortunately my optimism from January 26 was for naught. I contacted National Geographic again today and got this response:

FEB 05, 2018  |  11:23AM EST 
National Geographic Channel replied:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for letting us know that the final episode is still not appearing on your On Demand. We are working with Comcast to figure out this issue.

Best, 

National Geographic Channel Support

Unbelievable!

@ wrote:

I've got an update to my own post. I heard back from the National Geographic Channel. Here is what they said:

'.....we are actively looking into this, and our team has confirmed that this episode had an error in publishing On Demand. Episode 8 should be availble early next week'.  So apparently, it wasn't Xfinity's fault. But they are not off the hook. I asked them to do what I just did, and they wouldn't/didn't do it. We'll see if it shows up. Hey Xfinity, you owe me!!!!

New Poster

I finally saw this episode (#8) on my On Demand last night, and finished watching the series! FINALLY! I hope everyone else saw it as well.

Frequent Visitor

Patrickstreet, thanks for successfully pursuing this with Nat. GEO.!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 9 in conversation