Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

The Mick s02e20 is NOT available in HD

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

The Mick s02e20 is NOT available in HD

Fox's "The Mick" s02e20 "The Graduate" is NOT available in HD, and is only available in SD, on both Xfinity On Demand and on the Xfinity Stream platforms.

Accepted Solution

Re: The Mick s02e20 is NOT available in HD

This episode has finally appeared in HD.  I consider this matter resolved.

But I do want to mention that I was put in touch with someone from the "Advanced Repair Team", and spoke with them on the phone.  They were basically able to tell me, "Yep, that's not HD", and "We don't control what Fox provides us".  When I asked if someone from Comcast would be in contact with someone from Fox to make them aware of the problem, he seemed genuinely surprised by the novelty of that idea, as if it had never occurred to him.

And that, ultimately, seems to be the problem.  You guys don't seem to understand the point of these message boards.  We complain to you, so that you, in turn complain to whoever is responsible for the problem, and keep complaining until the problem gets fixed.  That's how this is supposed to work.  "We can't do anything about what the networks provide us" isn't an answer.  You're in a business relationship with these networks.  Of course you can control what the networks provide you.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello Tcalg. I would like to investigate this HD content issue further. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same problem. I think the issue is with Fox On Demand.

Official Employee

Thanks for adding to the thread, djkuula. We are still looking into this. Please standby for an update. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

This episode has finally appeared in HD.  I consider this matter resolved.

But I do want to mention that I was put in touch with someone from the "Advanced Repair Team", and spoke with them on the phone.  They were basically able to tell me, "Yep, that's not HD", and "We don't control what Fox provides us".  When I asked if someone from Comcast would be in contact with someone from Fox to make them aware of the problem, he seemed genuinely surprised by the novelty of that idea, as if it had never occurred to him.

And that, ultimately, seems to be the problem.  You guys don't seem to understand the point of these message boards.  We complain to you, so that you, in turn complain to whoever is responsible for the problem, and keep complaining until the problem gets fixed.  That's how this is supposed to work.  "We can't do anything about what the networks provide us" isn't an answer.  You're in a business relationship with these networks.  Of course you can control what the networks provide you.

Admin1

Tcalg -- Glad to hear this has been resolved. To be clear, we do have a team who specifically handles On Demand issue. Advanced Repair is not that team so contacting Fox is not something they do. Our On Demand support team would handle that aspect. We have many threads in these forums where we've stated that we're giving the issue to our On Demand team and the issue gets resolved. 

The information you received from the Advanced Repair agent was true. On Demand content is decided on by the content holder. As it is their content they make the decision on what they want to have available and what they don't. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation