Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The Americans missing episode

New Poster

The Americans missing episode

Seems like it's happening again. Episode 7, season 5 of The Americans aired on 4/19 and is still not showing on demand.
New Poster

Re: The Americans missing episode

It appears that episode 7 will be available to watch the day after episode 8 airs on 4/25/17. That makes sense.

Frequent Visitor

One has to wonder who is in charge of On Demand at Comcast, since this has been a reoccuring problem, where shows one had no problem accessing in prior weeks are suddenly either not posted (episode skipped) or Comcast has assigned a date that it want one to watch the show, as opposed to its being available -- at a minimum -- the day after it airs.  Since the pattern seems to be that this happens around holiday periods, where people who actually know what they're doing may be taking time off, I suspect that Comcast outsources this responsibility to people who either don't understand the concept of On Demand or just don't care.  C'mon, Comcast, get your head outta your you-know-what and address this on-going problem.  

Contributor

I encountered the same problem.  I do not think it makes sense to hold episode 7 for viewing AFTER episode 8 has aired.  This is not the common way major network programs promote on-demand viewing and series/network loyalty. 

Regular Contributor

HobokenJoe wrote:

C'mon, Comcast, get your head outta your you-know-what and address this on-going problem.  

I think this is network-by-network, so in this case it's an FX decision (or, more likely, mistake).

I think CBS makes the fewest mistakes of this type.

Best hope is to get Comcast to let FX know (unless you know who to contact at FX)..

New Poster

My friend has FIOS and she was able to watch it as of yesterday. I think it is up to FX to decide when to release it. Stinks though.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation