Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

TCM Not Appearing On Demand Free Movies Section

ANSWERED
Contributor

TCM Not Appearing On Demand Free Movies Section

TCM is suddenly not appearing in the on demand movies section! Its no anywhere. Used to be in free movies section under TCM. What happened???!

Accepted Solution

Re: TCM Not Appearing On Demand Free Movies Section

techeegal wrote:

why is it already june 8 2016, yet you have not fixed it YET?  why did watch TCM on demand on the television set work with the legacy boxes, but not the X1 boxes?  on the tellie!  i.e., the "device" called a television set.  if fewer people buy television sets to watch their favored "on demand" network (in this case, TCM), then they, the manufacturers, will sue you.  so, what does legal/billing/corporate say to that one?

It is fixed...  TCM is now offering from 12 to 16 movies available for 1 week and then updates that listing the following week.  TCM decides what and for how long a movie is offered On Demand as TCM is the content owner.  Comcast offers what the content owner provides in all of the On Demand arena.

Currently I am seeing 14 movies offered.  These are located under NETWORKS.

View answer in context
Service Expert

art3,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

I am able to duplicate as well, I am able to get to the TCM channel through VOD but no content is listed. I am reaching out to the appropriate team and will report any updates.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

thx alot for checking

Official Employee

This is now a known issue that the proper teams are investigating to get resolved. Thank you for reporting.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

thank YOU for reading this and reporting for the customers

New Poster

TCM

Did Comcast remove TCM from the On Demand free movies?

Official Employee

Re: TCM

Lezlie77 wrote:

Did Comcast remove TCM from the On Demand free movies?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/TCM-Not-Appearing-On-Demand-Free-Movies-Section/td-p/27...

It's a known issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

No problem at all, Thank you!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

TCM

what happened to TCM On Demand?

Official Employee

Re: TCM

JA45 wrote:

what happened to TCM On Demand?

It's a known issue

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/TCM-Not-Appearing-On-Demand-Free-Movies-Section/td-p/27...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

TCM om Demand

For the last 2 or 3 days I have not found Turner Classic Movies in the On Demand menue. This is the only decent movie channel offered. Why is it not on the On Demand menue any more?

New Poster

On Demand Free Movies TCM Network

I have TCM in my package and TCM was always in On Demand Free Movies section.  TCM has been in On Demand Free Movies for many years and was still there on 4/01/16.  After that date it is no longer in the lineup.  What has happened to On Demand Free Movies TCM Network and why was it removed?  I think customers deserve an answer.

Official Employee

Re: On Demand Free Movies TCM Network

brotherwhereart wrote:

I have TCM in my package and TCM was always in On Demand Free Movies section.  TCM has been in On Demand Free Movies for many years and was still there on 4/01/16.  After that date it is no longer in the lineup.  What has happened to On Demand Free Movies TCM Network and why was it removed?  I think customers deserve an answer.

It's a known issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Re: TCM om Demand

93Ranger wrote:

For the last 2 or 3 days I have not found Turner Classic Movies in the On Demand menue. This is the only decent movie channel offered. Why is it not on the On Demand menue any more?

It's a known issue, no ETR as of yet

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I agree with you. No more TCM on Demand, I guess.

I contacted comcast and of course they don't know anything.

They'll be loosing a customer if it doesn't come back

I can find old movies elsewhere

Frequent Visitor

Re: TCM om Demand

Sorry for the repeated question. Should have looked through more of the previous ones. Thanks for your response.

New Poster

Where did TCM on demand by network go.   Don't do this to lovers of fine old movies.  

New Poster

I'm not seeing TCM on Demand???

On of the main reasons I have your servise is TCM, where is it on Demand? I did not get a notice to this change. 

New Poster

Re: I'm not seeing TCM on Demand???

I do not have TCM on demand and it is included in my package. I spoke to an agent yesterday who told me I would hear from Comcast between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. CST. NEVER HEARD AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE TCM ON DEMAND WHICH I PAY FOR EACH MONTH! Terrible customer service!

Official Employee

fairview1 wrote:

I do not have TCM on demand and it is included in my package. I spoke to an agent yesterday who told me I would hear from Comcast between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. CST. NEVER HEARD AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE TCM ON DEMAND WHICH I PAY FOR EACH MONTH! Terrible customer service!

It's a known issue, no ETR as of yet

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

TCM Free Movies is included in my package. I cannot access any movies in On Demand. Is this issue being worked on? I have been told that I still have this in my subscription package.

Official Employee

fairview1 wrote:

TCM Free Movies is included in my package. I cannot access any movies in On Demand. Is this issue being worked on? I have been told that I still have this in my subscription package.

Apologies for this issue and experience. Yes, this is now a known issue that the proper teams are investigating to get resolved. Thank you for reporting.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Why TCM and Encore are no longer available On Demand?

A few days ago I noticed that TCM On Demand is no longer available in Xfinity On Demand .  Today, Encore On Demand is also no longer available.  Did Comcast drop them and why?

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Why TCM and Encore are no longer available On Demand?

Contributor

I'll join in by also asking why TCM is no longer available via On Demand.  I'll note that the message boards at TCM.com also contain a number of threads on this issue from Comcast customers in many different areas of the country.  It appears the channel was dropped on April 2 for everyone with Comcast.  A TCM moderator replied to the complaints, saying the issue would be looked into.  The TCM posters who called Comcast said they obtained inconsistent or "we'll get back to you" responses.  My own call to Comcast on April 2 led to the rep telling me someone would call me with an answer.  So far, no call.  

I'm very unhappy about this.  I relied on the On Demand listings to view films I had no opportunity to see during the regular broadcast.  Worse, however, is that this is beginning to look like Comcast made a decision to drop TCM from their On Demand listings as of April 2 and effecting mulitple markets, but Comcast also decided not to notify Comcast customers of this important change.  A response very soon would be appreciated.  

New Poster

This has been a known issue with no ETR for a number of days now. Any status update on when we might see TCM back on the On Demand free movies listings?

New Poster

TCM On Demand

I cannot access any free movies in TCM On Demand? It is in my subscription package and now there are no movie selections. Please advise.

Regular Visitor

We noticed that TCM On Demand is no longer available, even though it has been part of our subscription for many years since it first started being offered. This is extremely disappointing, since we frequently watch these wonderful classic films that are added once they have aired on cable or sometimes added regardless. It has been a great way to view these films when scheduling conflicts prevent us from seeing them on the cable version; I.e., some are shown during the middle of the night...having on-demand access allows us to view them when we are able. When I called Comcast to determine what happened, I was given no explanation from the call center person, except that it had been dropped and that they had received numerous calls about this. I asked if my inquiry would be reported and was assured a ticket was prepared and submitted for every request. Does anyone have an update on this issue?

Official Employee

Bearhead wrote:

We noticed that TCM On Demand is no longer available, even though it has been part of our subscription for many years since it first started being offered. This is extremely disappointing, since we frequently watch these wonderful classic films that are added once they have aired on cable or sometimes added regardless. It has been a great way to view these films when scheduling conflicts prevent us from seeing them on the cable version; I.e., some are shown during the middle of the night...having on-demand access allows us to view them when we are able. When I called Comcast to determine what happened, I was given no explanation from the call center person, except that it had been dropped and that they had received numerous calls about this. I asked if my inquiry would be reported and was assured a ticket was prepared and submitted for every request. Does anyone have an update on this issue?

Apologies all - we continue to work with Turner Classic Movies and their vendor on getting the expected TCM On Demand content added back to our platform. This is a technical issue that is being worked by the right teams.

I expect to be able to provide an update later today. Thanks for you patience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

TCM has now been returned to the On Demand listings in my area.  Thank you, Comcast, for resolving this.  It is very much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

My TCM on demand is also back on the listing. It only has 4 movies that expire in 2 days. Not sure what that means, hopefully more will show up and it's back to stay. I have also noticed Comcast has been messing with/changing their on demand selections. NOW the encore is missing and combined with Starz. If you click on startz it also includes some encore and some named starzencore. they must have combined them. The only reason I have stayed with Comcast is because of their on demand features and if they continue to mess with it and take off the ones I like/have I will have to change to Uverse. I do not have starz so I can not watch the ones listed as starz only the ones listed as encore or starzenc.. They have also changed one of the encore stations to starzenc.What's going on Comcast???? also, I can not figure out how to post on this forum..only reply..any advice?

Official Employee

llelian wrote:

My TCM on demand is also back on the listing. It only has 4 movies that expire in 2 days. Not sure what that means, hopefully more will show up and it's back to stay. I have also noticed Comcast has been messing with/changing their on demand selections. NOW the encore is missing and combined with Starz. If you click on startz it also includes some encore and some named starzencore. they must have combined them. The only reason I have stayed with Comcast is because of their on demand features and if they continue to mess with it and take off the ones I like/have I will have to change to Uverse. I do not have starz so I can not watch the ones listed as starz only the ones listed as encore or starzenc.. They have also changed one of the encore stations to starzenc.What's going on Comcast???? also, I can not figure out how to post on this forum..only reply..any advice?

Apologies again. Additional TCM On Demand content is expected over the next few days. Thanks for your patience.

The recent Starz/Encore combination in the On Demand menus was initiated by Starz, additional information is in the link below: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/Encore-On-Demand/m-p/2730759/highlight/true#M32541

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Thank you, Comcast, for your efforts to restore TCM On Demand..."Shane" is included, and this is one of the best Classic movies ever made!  We look forward to your repopulating the site...please include the April movies such as the Ida Lupino films being featured this week. Please also add Phaedra.  Is there a way to put these up for a longer period of time? Again, thank you!

Contributor

I'm seeing no new films added to TCM On Demand since it was finally added back to the network listings available through On Demand.  All of the films listed on April 6, when TCM was returned after being dropped on April 2 from On Demand, are expiring with no new films to replace them.  There are now only 4 films listed, all of which expire tomorrow, down from about a dozen listed on Wednesday.  

I would call Customer Service, but in reading the various threads discussing Comcast dropping TCM from On Demand last week, Customer Service had no consistent response.  What's going on Comcast?  Why are the expired films not being replaced?

Frequent Visitor

There are only 3 now all expiring tomorrow. Can  anyone tell us who is responsible for adding movies?? This has never been a problem before. TCM always had a generous and varied amount of old classic movies to choose from and now it's terrible. While we appreciate it being back, not happy about choices. Is it going to stay on or what is the problem. Someone from Comast please advise.

Service Expert

This isn't a Comcast problem; this is being experienced by numerous cable systems.  For whatever reason, TCM isn't putting up movies On Demand right now.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I have contacted TCM to see if I can get an explaination.

Contributor

TCM is once again no longer listed as a network showing films through Comcast's On Demand.  When this happened on April 2, a Comcast employee on this thread said it was a technical problem, and TCM, Comcast, and the associated vendor were apparently all contacted to resolve the issue.  

Once the network was returned to the On Demand listings on April 6, each film expired without another to replace it.  All of the films have now expired and TCM is not listed as an option via On Demand as of this morning. 

And in reply to AGAIN, the Comcast customer expert yesterday who stated the problem of diminishing listings for TCM films was across all cable systems, I reviewed help forum threads from about four different cable companies.  None included a discussion about this problem.  The TCM.com forum threads also discuss this problem only in association with Comcast.

Comcast, please address this issue.  Whatever the problem from last week, it has recurred.

Service Expert

Let me put it to you this way......I know for a fact that at least ONE other cable company has been losing TCM movies On Demand in the same way, so I can assure you that Comcast is not the only one.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Yea I am reporting the loss of tcm on demand again today! Ugh how frustrating-hope this gets resolved..

Official Employee

mabel09 wrote:

I'm seeing no new films added to TCM On Demand since it was finally added back to the network listings available through On Demand.  All of the films listed on April 6, when TCM was returned after being dropped on April 2 from On Demand, are expiring with no new films to replace them.  There are now only 4 films listed, all of which expire tomorrow, down from about a dozen listed on Wednesday.  

I would call Customer Service, but in reading the various threads discussing Comcast dropping TCM from On Demand last week, Customer Service had no consistent response.  What's going on Comcast?  Why are the expired films not being replaced?

Apologies again. To be clear, Comcast did not "drop" TCM. This is strictly a technical issue.

TCM and their vendor are continuing to have difficulties getting their On Demand programming to us. There are expected to be at least 20 different On Demand offerings from TCM available now, yet there are none.

Our teams continue to work directly with TCM and their vendor in order to get the expected On Demand content available. Once I have an additional update, I can provide that here. Thanks again for your patience.          

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

TCM is NOT listed at all...again. Hope this is a technical issue and TCM on demand will be returned again. Can't seem to get any answers from TCM forum but am checking into ATT choices. With the Encore change to Starz selection and especially the TCM removed from on demand it's just too much.

Official Employee

llelian wrote:

TCM is NOT listed at all...again. Hope this is a technical issue and TCM on demand will be returned again. Can't seem to get any answers from TCM forum but am checking into ATT choices. With the Encore change to Starz selection and especially the TCM removed from on demand it's just too much.

Apologies again. TCM and their vendor are continuing to have difficulties getting their On Demand programming to us. There are expected to be at least 20 different On Demand offerings from TCM available now, yet there are none.

Our teams continue to work directly with TCM and their vendor in order to get the expected On Demand content available. Once I have an additional update, I can provide that here. Thanks again for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds wrote:

llelian wrote:

Apologies again. TCM and their vendor are continuing to have difficulties getting their On Demand programming to us. There are expected to be at least 20 different On Demand offerings from TCM available now, yet there are none.

Our teams continue to work directly with TCM and their vendor in order to get the expected On Demand content available. Once I have an additional update, I can provide that here. Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you, I hope this gets straightened out soon.

Contributor

Thanks for your reply, ComcastTeds.  Sorry for the inaccurate wording to describe the lack of TCM offerings via On Demand.  Despite multiple posts on two threads at TCM.com, no reply from TCM since this problem recurred.  I appreciate you addressing this and explaining what's happening.  Thanks again.

Official Employee

mabel09 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, ComcastTeds.  Sorry for the inaccurate wording to describe the lack of TCM offerings via On Demand.  Despite multiple posts on two threads at TCM.com, no reply from TCM since this problem recurred.  I appreciate you addressing this and explaining what's happening.  Thanks again.

Thank you for your continued patience. TCM's vendor is working on redelivering the missing TCM movies today; we expect to see 10-12 titles by this evening. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds wrote:

mabel09 wrote:

Thank you for your continued patience. TCM's vendor is working on redelivering the missing TCM movies today; we expect to see 10-12 titles by this evening. 

Great News at last!! Thank you Comcast Teds!

Regular Visitor

TCM On Demand is Missing Again

TCM on demand was out (completely missing from the On Demand Network lineup) for about 5 or 6 days beginning April 1, 2016.  It was then on for a couple of days, but is now missing again.  I called Comcast customer service today, but as usual, they claim to know nothing about it and want to spend endless amounts of time having you troubleshoot over and over again.  Obviously, there is still something wrong.  Can anyone help to get TCM network back in the On Demand lineup?  Thank you very much for whatever help you can provide.  As you know, we have to pay extra to have TCM and I can only watch it On Demand because of time constraints and it's such a shame to not be able to have access to it.

Contributor

Still no TCM On Demand movies on Comcast this morning.  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats