Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Show stops playing if paused too long, can't resume where you paused

New Poster

Show stops playing if paused too long, can't resume where you paused

This keeps happening to me. If you paused an on-demand show for too long it kicks you out of on-demand and back to regular TV. This would just be a minor annoyance except it doesn't remember where you paused. If the show doesn't allow fast forwarding then you're pretty much forced to rewatch the show.

Why doesn't it just let me pause the show indefinitely? Or at least remember where I paused it? Please fix this!

I just had this happen with Claws S2E1 and was more than halfway into the episode when I paused it for "too long". It doesn't let me fast forward so now I'm just waiting for the show to get back to the point where I had paused it.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Show stops playing if paused too long, can't resume where you paused

Since OnDemand uses a 'shared' hidden channel, it will drop you if you pause too long to free it up for others to use. If you know you will pause for a long time, just hit STOP so it will remember. Also, you can use PageUp to skip ahead 30 seconds, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes, depending on the type of cable box you have. If it goes a bit too far, you can rewind back.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation