Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Tivo Romio Xfinity VOD freezes

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

The Comcast tech just left my house regarding Xfinity On Demand freezing after 6 seconds.  I've had a Roamio for 7 months.  Getting a functioning cablecard from Comcast was beyond a nightmare, but that is a different and common story.

For 7 months Xfinity On Demand functioned perfectly with all of my TiVo hardware.  Out of the blue VOD started freezing.  I had not made any changes to my Comcast account or programming (Digital Preferred w/HBO).  Made one call to TiVo to verify things were likely good on the TiVo end.  Made three different calls to Comcast and each time described the problem as above and suggested it was like a Comcast account setting problem.  Was told twice that all the account codes were good and that "refreshes" were sent to my cable card/TiVo.  No joy.

Today the Comcast tech shows up and I show him the On Demand issue and also that Netflix and Amaxon Prime video both function perfectly.  He call the Comcast back office and the lady says "Oh there is a rate code setting error.  I just fixed it and sent a refresh signal.  Within 4 seconds On Demand started functioning correctly again.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

Hi rollmeaway, I do apologize for what you had to go through before getting your OnDemand working on your TiVo. If you have any issues or concerns in the future with your TiVo or any other service please send me a private message and I will take a look for you.  

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi rollmeaway, thank you for the update via private message and glad to hear after the signals were corrected in your neighborhood your video on demand has been working.

If you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon