Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

New Poster

I am on the phone for a third time after switching out and getting new boxes after two previous calls.... SO same thing, I will be watching a show on Demand and it will skip forward a second or two almost like a buffer and without an explination or pattern to it, could be during a commercial or the actual show it freezes. I can rewind and watch or restart and watch and it freezes in the same spot. Often enough I can go back in a few days later and watch whatever I was trying to watch and it goes through. BUT I can't fast forward because of the program not allowing it so sometime I watch the same part of a show 3 times. I just got off with a representative in another country that could not comprehend what I was saying and did the same useless troubleshooting as the previous techs. All the things in here about requests for specific shows these people don't understand that it is any show not a specific show. For me right now, it is the latest episode of Saturday Night Live. On Monday it was Bob's Burgers. It is almost as if it is with the newest shows like they aren't ully "uploaded" yet or soemthing. 

Additionaly, two nights ago there was a pole fire down the street from our house leading to a major outage in our area. So that was for about 6 hours. The ultimate power cycle. This is how I am for sure it is on Comcast's end. It is still happening after all that. Clearly they have an updating issue. This most recent rep is telling me I have to have someone come out and obviously BE BILLED for this issue that clearly is happening with so many of us. SO I have to pay on top of not getting what I am already paying for that doesn't work to get it to work? Give me a break. This is getting ridiulous. I am at a point where I am paying for the frustration and aggravation of having the service. 

Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi nakedcube. I can assist with troubleshooting your On Demand issues, and get a technician visit scheduled if needed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation