Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Program "Restart" function erratic, fails, and freezes

New Poster

Program "Restart" function erratic, fails, and freezes

Over my year of service, there has been numerous issues with my cable TV from black screen messages out of the blue, to a new one happening over the last 6 months, the inconsistent Restart function. 

As a sidebar: I have been reporting the black screen error message freezing issue ever since I received my service.  An outdoor amplifier was replaced, yet problems persist with no solution.

My most recent encounter with the failed Restart issue was in watching the CBS Morning News this morning.  I turned on the television at 0801 hours.  The program starts at 0700.  The notification popped up in the upper right hand corner indicating I could restart the program by going to Info, and choosing Restart.  I did just that.  The screen froze for 45 seconds, and it returned to the real-time program viewing.  I tried again, and this time awakened from it's frozen state to start the CBS Morning News at 0659 hours.  However, at 0702, the program reverted to the real-time program.  I tried this several times only to have the same experience.  In that this has happened time ad nauseum, I decided to continue watching the program in real-time for a bit, then try to Restart again.  I continued to experience the same freeze and fail issue.  I watched the show in real time to conclusion, and went to Restart to view what was missed.  With the exception of freeze and stutter effects, it played for 8 minutes and 14 seconds before simply exiting to the previous viewing channel.  I tried 5 times getting the same failure.

As stated, among other issues noted, I have been asking for a solution for this Restart problem for a year now.  I stopped asking because my issues have never been resolved save temporary solutions at best.  It is very annoying to be forced to pay my bill to receive service, and this service is not as expected when ordered.  Is there ANY way to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation