Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Paying for ON DEMAND...the channels you already have.

Contributor

Paying for ON DEMAND...the channels you already have.

I have the X1. When I try to watch an on demand episode on my TV of ANY show on ANY channel (covered under my monthly plans), Xfinity tells me I need to pay or subscribe. I can watch these channels live, but not on demand. The issue covers ALL channels that have on demand content, not just premium channels.

PLEASE dont say Xfinity isn't the one charging, the content provider is the one charging. 

1. Comcasts gets the additional fee if a subscriber watches a previous show

2. Comcast gets paid additional revenue from the advertisers which show the commercials that you can't fast forward,

3. Comcast gets paid for your monthly bill

Our contract agreement was that we get to watch the subscribed shows and whatever past seasons free, because we Already pay for On Demand in our subscription agreement. CORRECT? I understand the network licencing issues- So, you are seriously trying to tell me that Comcast doesn't have any control over what it broadcasts and the fees that are charged through this broadcast? You are just the little company that emits the transmissions?  Comcast operates at the whim of and beck call of the broadcasters? Seriously??!!  Comcast gets  revenue from these On Demand charges-  How about using a little of their influence to represent their customers for a change?

Contributor

Re: Paying for ON DEMAND...the channels you already have.

My advice is to contact your states consumer protection agency.  Comcast is just going to tell you the networks are pushing this, but its on the comcast service, or that your service is subject to change without notice.. I've already made a few complaints. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation