Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

OnDemand Intermittent Problems

Problem Solver

OnDemand Intermittent Problems

I am having intermittent issue access OnDemand on all of my boxes. It seems the boxes are getting whacked up. Normally they read about 42dBmV for return but now they are reading about 12dBmV for return. I don't think I have a return issue because my gateway is fine with return levels at 36-37dBmV. Does anyone know what's going on or is it best to get a tech out to investigate it?
Problem Solver

Re: OnDemand Intermittent Problems

Now today the boxes jumped back up to 28dBmV. I think something is really wrong. I don't know how these set top boxes are getting return values that are fluctuating that much. Goes from 42dBmV to 12dBmV to 28dBmV. Nothing is wrong with my lines. I just had them all replaced and they are all finger tight when connected. Any ideas?
Problem Solver

If it is actually best to get a tech out to investigate, when's the soonest that one can come out to check it?
Problem Solver

If someone from Comcast here could help out in a timely manner, that would be greatly appreciated. Over the phone and chat they refuse to send anyone out or to even do anything other than refresh OnDemand or reset the box from their end as well, which doesn't fix it, because they keep saying everything is fine. It's starting to get very aggravating.
Official Employee

jweaver0312, are you still seeing these issues with your on demand service? I see there has been maintenance in your area regarding video service. I see a few work orders were opened today to address these issues. I'll continue to monitor them and let you know when I see some movement. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Please do keep me updated on the status of those work orders.
Official Employee

Hi jweaver0312, I show that the issue should be cleared up. Are you still experiencing issues with your on demand service at this time? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Problem Solver

It seems to be working fine at this time.
Official Employee

Thank you for confirming this jweaver0312, have a good day.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Problem Solver

Hello,

Sorry about letting this thread go dead for a while but what the tech did only lasted one week at most. The problems are back but it takes several tries of getting onto OnDemand before it actually lets me on. I had a tech that I know persoanlly come out when he was done for the day and he ruled out two things. He ruled out signal and equipment. He said signals in and out of my house are amazing and we tried swapping one box out to see if it changes anything which it didn't. He said one of two things could be happening. 

1. A problem at the node may be occuring that is resulting in the node not being able to handle some of the OnDemand requests recived from legacy boxes.
  2. A problem at the main local office hub may be occuring that is resulting in the hub for some reason not being able to handle some of the OnDemand requests recived from legacy boxes.

Any help would be appreciated if this issue can be investigated much further. I mentioned the work orders that Ken was able to see for the area to work on this and the tech said that he's not sure if it was even done or not. He wasn't able to see the staus of those orders nor was anyone he called was able to see the status of those work orders.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation