Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

On demand requiring subscription to channels I'm paying for

New Poster

On demand requiring subscription to channels I'm paying for

I subscribe to all of the big pay channels...HBO, showtime, stars etc.  and on demand doesn't work for any of them.  It says I need a subscription. Which I have. On demand doesn't work on "regular" channels either...telling me I need to buy a subscription when I already have service and those channels should be included.  In addition I am not able to access anything on line (streaming) like MSNBC which I listen to daily at work.  It says I need a subscription. 

Everything was was working fine until a few days ago when it all just stopped. And 90% of my viewing is on demand!!!!

I have rebooted my box on my end and no change.  I even rebooted my computer to see if that would affect th streaming.  No change.  

I spend a ton of money a month and I cannot watch any of it.   

This is is a programming thing on Comcast 's side.  What is going on to fix it?!?!

Official Employee

Re: On demand requiring subscription to channels I'm paying for

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Not sure if u got it fixed but I used to work to Comcast before they went xfinity. I googled a few forums and couldn’t find a solid answer. So I did a system refresh through the app. Ten minutes later I’m back to the Menendez trial. Good luck!
New Poster

I’m having the same issues. The channels that are included in my subscription are not available on demand and say they require a subscription.
New Poster

I am literally in the midst of this issue.I watched an on demand program yesterday and want to rewatch it for something I missed and now it says I need to "subscriber all of a sudden.This is a program on ABC no less.My grandma gets ABC on like sub basic cable for free and I gotta pay extra now? Vultures just want more money for less service.Remember before Xfinity,On demand was wonderful no commercials up to date shows no fees.I guess we will have to pay for local news by next month.Vultures!Criminal situation I say!
New Poster

There is a nationwide outage with Comcast. I got the same error and called Comcast. That was the answer I received. They said the outage should be over at 4:30 pm pst. Type in Comcast Nationwide Outage into Google and you'll find a bunch of info on the outage. Some Comcast employees are aware of it, others are not. Comcast website does not discuss the outage, nor did automated phone line (which surprised the cs rep I spoke with). Comcast needs to get their stuff together and keep their customers informed.
New Poster

Thank you to dharangirl for answering my question.I should have known xfinity would not be able to answer a question about their own company.Namaste