members

online now

discussions

On Demand

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

On Demand

I'm trying to watch a show I watch on the time on On Demand.  It doesn't say "Ways to Watch" anymore.  It just says "Watch".  When I choose "watch" it says I need to purchase HD.  I don't want to watch it in HD, I want to watch it in SD.  How do I switch it back?

Accepted Solution

Re: On Demand

Hello Lisa81Friend, the information that (MNtundraRET) shared is correct. The SD feed is supplied by the network, if you don't see the SD version present then the network is only displaying the content in HD currently. 

View answer in context
Problem Solver

When checking ON DEMAND menus have you selected the SD menu for the program? If you can't find one there might not be a copy of the SD version of some episodes.

It seems that Comcast recently has fewer copies of SD episodes. The networks, or owners of the shows, may no longer supplying a SD copy.

Official Employee

Hello Lisa81Friend, the information that (MNtundraRET) shared is correct. The SD feed is supplied by the network, if you don't see the SD version present then the network is only displaying the content in HD currently. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon