Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand not working

New Poster

On Demand not working

I have been without On Demand for two days.  Please help.

Contributor

Re: On Demand not working

Me too.  Even got new box.  Very frustrating

Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with getting your on demand working. Please click on this link for basic trouble shooting steps. If you have performed these steps and still get an error send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

What link

New Poster

No link!!!!!

Contributor

This is what I’ve been dealing with the last few days.....Comcast reps going to fix or send a tech to fix...and nothing.  THER IS NO LINK.  

Admin1

Hello All -- For basic troubleshooting start with unplugging the power line and coax line from your box for 20 seconds and then plug back in. If that does not resolve the issue then please send us PM with your account information so we can look at your accounts individually. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Been online with customer service for a half hour, and she hasn't been able to fix the problem. I thought I should come over here, and see if anyone else had the same issue for the past few days. Since Wed. ours has not been working. our account is in fine shape. Your Comcast problem is not an isolated issue. I am ouside Chicago, I wonder where the other users are located. Both of our boxes are giving us the same error message. CL 0X000f. At first it was Temporarily not working try again later kind of message. So? I have unplugged, and reset, and redata, or whatever you wan to call it. This is a major problem.

Admin1

Bluzbunny -- CL-0x000f indicates a signal issue that's preventing your box from communicating with the On Demand server. It is recommended to have a tech come out to clear that issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll help you get a tech setup. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I’m outside Chicago also.  On demand hasn’t worked for over a week.  Been on the phone 3 times, once with a new set top box and nothing has worked either. 

New Poster

The initial customer service person has all my information. I have been getting my bills paid automatically, so I do not have any paper printouts with my acount number on it. I do not want a tech in my house, I am disabled, have two big dogs, and it is impossible for me to hold them at bay. This should be handled outside my home. I have two different boxes, and neither one is receiving the On Demand signal. That tells me it's at your end. Plus all these other people, how did they get their On Demand fixed? Where was their problem? They already tried to get me to trade my boxes in for X1 boxes. I don't want X1. One guy here already traded his in on new boxes, and that didn't work. Someone has the answer. I do not have faith in customer service, and they didn't even know about this thread, or even bother to look for others with the same problem, and how it was handled.

Admin1

segerfan -- Are you getting the same error as the user above?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thanks! There is a major problem, and they are keeping it quiet. Could be Russian Hackers for all we know.

Contributor

Yes CL-0-000f.  Did the unplug thing, sent refresh signal..still same error code

Admin1

Bluzbunny -- We don't speak about the Russian Hackers. They could be watching.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Admin1

segerfan -- As I mentioned, that error is a signal error that you'll need a tech to resolve. The same offer to help get a tech scheduled is available to you by sending me a PM. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Comcastzach, thank you for the offer,but a. Tech was to o e out a.ready.  Took the time off work,and never showed.  On my call Comcast,I found out that Vanessa, who I spoke to and was to schedule the tech never did so.  I can’t take any more time off work.  So I’m just shipping for a new cable/internet provider.  It seems to me that Comcast doesnt care about their long term customers.

Official Employee

Hello segerfan, I can assist you with getting a tech out if needed at your convenience. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

No need.  Using alternate on demand.  Thank goodness we’re not paying for this feature

Official Employee

segerfan wrote: No need.  Using alternate on demand.  Thank goodness we’re not paying for this feature

I am glad that you found a work around, please let me know if you need any further assistance with clearing up your error code I am more than happy to help. Have a good day. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Thanks.  We are using Netflix and Amazon Prime since Comcast doesn’t work.  No need for Comcast.

Official Employee

segerfan wrote: Thanks.  We are using Netflix and Amazon Prime since Comcast doesn’t work.  No need for Comcast.

Ok, thank you for sharing this with me here. If you need anything regarding your Comcast services later please reach back out to me here. Have a good day. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I fixed it myself this morning. I haven't tried my other TV yet. Will use same method if it doesn't work now. I don't need no stinkin' sheriff!

Contributor

Great.  PM me on how you did it.

New Poster

On demand hasn’t worked for 5 days!  I get Error CL-4

New Poster

I have had power off all day and ON DEMAND still doesn’t work.   It’s been FIVE DAYS.   I get Error CL-4

Contributor

Hi kcal,  never got on demand to work.  Been without it over 2 weeks.   Comcast says a tech needs to come to House.  Not gonna take time off work again.    Currently using Netflix and amazon prime.  Gave up on Comcast and on demand.  Not worth the hassle of a “free”Comcast service that apparently doesn’t work for a large number of their customers.

Contributor

I have dealt with On Demand not working on and off for over 2 months now. I've done EVERYTHING, between talking here, on the phone, and a tech visit which included a new box. I demanded a $50 ( a little under half, fair right?) credit on my bill which I PAY ON TIME, but wasn't given it ( offered free station blah blah don't want that) It has been working for a little over a week straight so I was all YAY I get to actually watch the Watch-a-thon week! I get up this morning and guess what? NOT WORKING. 

I will say yet again. THEY ARE REFUSING TO SAY THAT IT IS AN INTERNAL ISSUE. They keep tossing up agents to side track with " unplug your box" and " check your wires" all that, but that's not the problem!!! 

Contributor

I gave up.  A telephone rep told me that on demand is a free perk offered by Comcast.  If it doesn’t work for so many customers, why offer it?  Since I already pay  an arm and a leg and a lung for Comcast I’m through fighting for a “freebie”.  

As far as on demand goes,  we went with amazon prime and Netflix.  

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation