Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand not working

ANSWERED
New Poster

On Demand not working

I have been trying all day to watch some recent tv programs with On Demand, and I get only a message that something is wrong and to try again in a few minutes.  I do that repeatedly, and again get nothing but that message. I was able to see free trailer for a movie that has a charge (which is why I did not try to view the movie itself).  If it matters, we received the new Xfinity box on Saturday and installed it on Sunday. Broadcast tv is working fine.  Today is the first time we have tried On Demand with the new box. 

Accepted Solution

Re: On Demand not working

It started working around 5 pm.  I am not sure why it was not working before, but it seems to be just fine now.  I did not know how to cancel my original question.

View answer in context
Service Expert

maryosmanski,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My on demand is not working we tried several times and got the same response that they where having problems try again later. That is why we tried this morning and still got the same response. Do I need a new box or will this be fixed soon?

Valued Contributor

maryosmanski wrote:

I have been trying all day to watch some recent tv programs with On Demand, and I get only a message that something is wrong and to try again in a few minutes.  I do that repeatedly, and again get nothing but that message. I was able to see free trailer for a movie that has a charge (which is why I did not try to view the movie itself).  If it matters, we received the new Xfinity box on Saturday and installed it on Sunday. Broadcast tv is working fine.  Today is the first time we have tried On Demand with the new box. 

What's the error code shown on the screen? Have you checked for any ondemand outages in the area? Contact CS and select trouble with Ondemand.

New Poster

It started working around 5 pm.  I am not sure why it was not working before, but it seems to be just fine now.  I did not know how to cancel my original question.

Service Expert

Solved Topic Now Closed.

Please feel free to create a new topic for your OnDemand issues.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation