Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand not Working, Only Option About On Demand

New Poster

On Demand not Working, Only Option About On Demand

Hey!

So I just go my Comcast cable box today and got it fully activated over the phone, but my On Demand isn't working! The only option I have in my On Demand is *About On Demand. I have tried twice to unplug and fully reset the cable box but both times I've had the same issue. Any suggestions? 

Thanks for the help!

~Katie

New Poster

Re: On Demand not Working, Only Option About On Demand

I'm having the same problem, tried to reset but still not working. Maybe a system wide problem. I'll wait a few, try again or call Comcast.

New Poster

I worked with Comcast support online last night and they sent 3 separate reset signals to my box with no luck! They stated that my cable box has too low a signal coming through for the On Demand to work... which doesn't make a ton of sense since the Cable and Internet are all working.

It almost seems like a scam since I'm trying to self install to force a technician to come out and "help" so they can charge a ton.

New Poster

I'm going into the store on Friday to try getting a new Cable Box and see if that resolves the issue since I got a super old re-furbished one from them, but we shall see...

Official Employee

So I just go my Comcast cable box today and got it fully activated over the phone, but my On Demand isn't working! The only option I have in my On Demand is *About On Demand. I have tried twice to unplug and fully reset the cable box but both times I've had the same issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
~Katie

Katie, I sent some hits to your box, you may have to go into that "about on demand" and play the video ( sometimes you do and sometimes you don't)

Unrelated, you should upgrade your modem ( the one you have is considered end of life, and you won't get speeds over performance)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The Modem was brand new two years ago and is working perfectly for the internet in my apartment.

Are you refering to the Cable Box being end of life? Because that I can believe since it is clearly old and has been used been several other people.

I have watched several of the Welcome to On Demand videos and as I re-commented that I worked with online help last night with no success. 

Official Employee

The Modem was brand new two years ago and is working perfectly for the internet in my apartment.

Are you refering to the Cable Box being end of life? Because that I can believe since it is clearly old and has been used been several other people.

I have watched several of the Welcome to On Demand videos and as I re-commented that I worked with online help last night with no success.

Did the box reset at all in the last 30 minutes?

I was referring to your modem being end of life, it probably was new 2 years ago but now... Just wanted you to know so you can get the speeds you're paying for, but if it works for you, great.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Andrew,

I have been having the same problem, intermittently, between 1 or more of the 3 tv's in my home. Is there a permanent fix to this problem besides going to a different provider? Shouldn't I be able to get a credit for each time this happens? Was there a reason why this was never fixed or concluded?

Please provide me with a solution, not a work around.

Thank you in advance,

Drangd1

New Poster

I'm having this same issue.  If I turn the box on and off a few times it usually works eventually but it's incredibly annoying and sometimes takes up to 10 minutes to work.  Is there any solution for this?

Official Employee

Andrew,

I have been having the same problem, intermittently, between 1 or more of the 3 tv's in my home. Is there a permanent fix to this problem besides going to a different provider? Shouldn't I be able to get a credit for each time this happens? Was there a reason why this was never fixed or concluded?
Please provide me with a solution, not a work around.

Thank you in advance,
Drangd1

What exactly is happening? The OP's issue isn't something that can be intermittent, so I don't think you have the same issue

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hi Andrew & thank you for responding,

My issue is definately intermitten.

First of all, we have had service for almost a year, but this problem started when we moved in July. We brought the boxes we had at our old address, and just connected to the cables already installed in our current home.

Sometimes when you go into 'On Demand' you won't get the normal menu. Instead you will only have the 'About On Demand' option. But sometimes you can go into On Demand and go through the different layers of the menu system and watch your desired program. At any time as you are going though the menu system the 'About Demand' option may come up. Then you have to go out of 'On Demand' whether or not you watch the About On Demand vid or not, and either try again or wait until a later time and try. When you try again it is always a craps shoot as to whether or not you will get to watch your program.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Official Employee

Drangd, check your PM

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. The cable box is brand new and was previously working before the switch. Any suggestions on getting it up and running?
Regular Visitor

Hi Andrew,

I am a Comcast customer for few years already and watching Xfinity On Demand on my TV for more than a year.
I have the same issue with On Demand since 11/29 - only "About On demand" is available.

1. On 11/29 i went to the local Comcast office to change my cable box - it was scheduled exchange as I was experiencing lots of issues with the video and audio quality and there was no other way to fix the issue. When I took the new cable box I was advised about the activation steps and I followed them registering and activating the box successfully. 
2. On 12/01 I noticed that when I enter the On Demand instead of the normal view with browsing options, HBO, Streampix and movies/series to watch, there was only one menu: "About On Demand" with several sub options with educational information for the On Demand.
3. Since I notice this I had few chats and calls with Comcast and unfortunately the Agents were not able to resolve the issue. Tones of refresh signals/resets/restarts/etc...Finaly on 12/03 I spoke with an agent (she was great btw) that despite was not able to solve the problem, she was able to schedule a technician visit for the next day.
4. On 12/04 I had one of the Technicians visiting - he was on-time and I would give him 5 stars for the overall visit. Unfortunately after he spent quite a time resetting/refreshing/etc... the cable box, the issue still persisted. Finally after all this work he was advised that the cable box should be already set properly, and the reason the issue is still present is that there is "a major On Demand outage" in Arlington area. 
5. He apologized about all the inconvenience and advised me that the outage should be fixed very soon and by Saturday 12/06 I should have my services up and running properly. He also left me a card with contacts for his Supervisor (Gregory Richardson) to reach out to, if the problem still persist.

So I emailed the supervisor - still no respond for allmost a week....the issue is still bothering especaly that i can't wach and the additional services i have purchase for On Demand..... Looking into all forums it looks like lots of Comcast customers are having the same issue and the technicians are not actualy capable to fix it.

I start thinking that the actual problem is in the signal the technicians are sending to reset the cable boxes.

Andrew, were you able to find solution on this issue? I will appreciate if you can reply to my message as well.

Thanks!
Tsveti 
Frequent Visitor

Crossposted in another topic:

Another NJ broken On Demand customer.  Menu simply says, "About On Demand".  Two lengthy chat sessions. One lengthy phone call. Replaced HD box. Same problem. Removed splitter and ran direct to HD box. Same problem. Several resets and tech software downloads/resets. Same problem. Internet and all channels work fine.

May be subscription package problem, I think. Signed up for:

XFINITY Internet with Streaming TV
Blast Plus! HBO® and HBO GO® included

I think system is programmed to *not* include On Demand, although it is included in publicised package. Tech support tried to sell me higher tier (more expensive) package to solve problem. I declined.

Tech (truck roll) visit scheduled for tomorrow. Should be interesting.

New Poster

Same problem here.  On demand worked normally until my DVR failed and I got a new Cisco DVR from Comcast.  Everything else works fine but all I get with the On Demand button is "about On Demand".  Several calls and chats have not resolved the issue.  What is the problem?  Comcast personnel on the phone or chat line seem to do little more than suggest a reset which has been done several times now to no effect.

New Poster

Had a newer box the other day; got it activated but didn't try On Demand until tonight. The On Demand button gives you About On Demand option only, but it has a 2-min video on Search TV&OnDemand. It will tell you to double click on the Menu button. Pick Find Shows, then Search TV & On Demand and it will bring you to the search menu. I'm assuming you have the newer box like I got, with a totally different menu listing from the older box. My problem is I'm getting a CMOD 54001 error and not able to play anything anyway. Hard booting had not done me any good, so I'm trying again in the morning and call for help if I still need it.
New Poster

I am having the same problem as every one else. Just upgraded to a Comcast HD box on 12/24. All I have on my on -demand menu is "about on Demand" and If I go into the HD on demand from the menu button , I get that CMOD-54001 error. Several phone calls, resets, etc have not resolved the problem. 

Dear Comcast, this seems to be such a common issue that you would think it would be resolved by now if it is a system wide thing, or it should have an easy resolution. Whats going on?

New Poster

Mine is out too.Tried the reset three times. trying new box tuesday. wish me luck

Tags (1)
New Poster

I’m getting the same issue. I live in Georgia and picked up a new cable box (RNG110) from Comcast. When invoking "On Demand", all we get is how to access it; the actual selection menu isn’t there. We had numerous resets and all the calls to Comcast wore out our patience. We have a technician coming and I will post the results from his visit. BTW, the old box was several years old and worked perfectly. I wish we never did the upgrade.

Regular Visitor

Hi filtalain

Unfortunately this is not working for me...there is not even "Search" or "Search TV & On Demand" option on the menu. Only options to serch on TV....

I caled again and this time was advised by the agent that there were reported issues with the new boxes and the connection cable that are leading to the issues with ON Demand. Well I got the HDMI cable from the local COMCAST center and it didn't work again. So now I am waithing for the new Technician visit - hope they will fix it soon - it is very anoying. 

New Poster

Replaced DVR with another new Cisco DVR.  Works fine first time.  Local Comcast reps told me that if rebooting doesn't work, the best option is to try a new DVR, then call in a technician if necessary.

New Poster

Comcast service arrived at my house, stayed 3 hours, replaced the cable box 3 times and determined the problem was not a hardware issue. About 5 hours after they left, the On Demand service came back on. The Supervisor left me his number and said if I have any issues to contact him right away. The bottom line, two techs were at my house, they worked very hard troubleshooting the issue, and in the end, the problem was software located in their hub. The service was excellent, the only problem I see is, why did I lose On Deman after upgrading to new hardware? No one could explain.

New Poster

I am having same issue.  A few weeks back some (not all) of the HD channels suddenly stopped working (i.e. CBS 1003, FOX 1006) and my kids noticed On Demand was not working.  Funny thing was a Comcast tech was working outside house around same time when problem started.  So, I went into local Comcast office and swapped out the HD box we had and they gave me a replacement (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HDC). After I replaced box, OnDemand worked for about 1/2 day then same issue re-appeared.  I just had tech at house this morning and he found that the signal coming into house was weak and fixed on the pole (lose wire).  That corrected the missing HD channels (CBS, Fox, others), but after multiple attempts at re-booting HD box, sending hits to box from Comcast....On Demand still does not work (just get message "About On Demand" - no listing to choose from , etc.  No one seems to know how to correct the issus.

New Poster

If you’re not getting what you’re paying for, demand a refund for the lost days. I have to admit, Comcast has gotten a lot of bad publicity of late, but the techs and the Supervisor really worked diligently to resolve my situation. The outstanding service convinced us to remain their customer. One thing I didn’t mention previously, the cable boxes they provided to me were out of the box, they had bubble wrap on them and no manuals. I asked the tech why they came this way and he said they are refurbished. He admitted the quality of the refurbished ones were not always good. I make them try a couple of boxes and I would ask them to run a line directly from the outside to your cable box inside the house. That way, they can eliminate the inside wiring as a possible issue.

New Poster

Well, I got everything working again. I went down to the local comcast office, they gave me a diffierent HD box (Cisco). They also activated box in the office before sending me home to make sure it was not the box (she hinted that many of the refurb'd boxes have issues).  What they did find out was the On Demand service was not working due to a missing product code on my current bundled service (HD Preferred Xf).   The sales consultant fixed the problem on my account by adding the missing product code. No idea why it disappeared to begin (hope it does not happen again).  Also she gave me HBO free for 6 months for the problems / loss of service so overall - I'm satified.

Regular Visitor

So aparantly Comcast change the basic packges in the area with removing some chanels (we knew that as it was announced) but, they tooke off some services as well without announcing this........OMG....OK you tell the ppl when you take off chanels but not when you take off services???? and you are not even passing it along your team?????? Comcast such a lack of communication that is amaizing how the company still excist.

Administrator
Administrator

Tsveti wrote:

So aparantly Comcast change the basic packges in the area with removing some chanels (we knew that as it was announced) but, they tooke off some services as well without announcing this........OMG....OK you tell the ppl when you take off chanels but not when you take off services???? and you are not even passing it along your team?????? Comcast such a lack of communication that is amaizing how the company still excist.

Hello,

My apologies for all the inconvenience, I reviewed your account and your On Demand should be working now.   Can you please confirm that?   

Thanks!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have same problem moved last weekend now no on demand. Only about on demand. How do I fix this
Administrator
Administrator

divermatt wrote:
I have same problem moved last weekend now no on demand. Only about on demand. How do I fix this

Hello,

I reviewed your account and sent you a private message with more details.

Thanks!!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hello ComcastIrma

Yes, On Demand works now. Thank you for the assitance and fixing that issue. I hope the rest of the Comcast customers will receive assitance taht will resolve their service issues as well.

Thank you,

Tsveti

New Poster

For me, I had to change my HD cable box, and it worked like a charm. Apparently  the boxes can be hit or miss!

Official Employee
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats