Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand issues

New Poster

On Demand issues

I catch up on shows with OnDemand. Anything I watch there gets cut off at commercial time. I go back to resume and it starts all over. Why and how can this be fixed?
New Poster

Re: On Demand issues

This happens to me MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.  It seems like it is a problem with the files they are posting.  The shows seem to get refreshed  later in the day or the next day (which deletes where I was cut off) and will then play.  Since I cannot fast forward I have to let the show paly through to the time I left off.  This does not really fit with Comcast's new slogan "we should fit into your life, you should not have to fit into ours" or something like that.  Here are pictures from the number of times it has happened to me just in the past three days.  I tried to call customer service and all they do is refresh the signal which does not help.  I'm not sure where else to look for a solution to this problem.  It is wildly frustrating because I pay an exorbitant amount of money and they can't even provide reliable on demand service.

comcast error 7.JPG
comcast error 6.JPG
comcast error 5.JPG
comcast error 4.JPG
comcast error 3.JPG
comcast error 2.JPG
comcast error 1.JPG
Official Employee

Hello all, although we provide these channels to you as your cable provider we do not post the content on demand or insert any commercials in the feed. The network that airs the show is responsible for posting the content and adding commercials. If you have certain shows/movies that continuously have this issue please provide the title of the show/movie and the network that the content airs on and I can reach out to them to have the feed fixed. You can also reach out to the network yourself and provide the same feedback. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

LOOK WHAT COMCAST OWNS... 

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/101215/top-4-companies-owned-comcast.asp

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/042816/comcast-acquires-dreamworks-animation-38b-dwa-c...

SO when they tell you ITS THE NETWORKS FAULT ,,,

and go on about licensing ETC 

LIES ALL LIES

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation