Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand isn't working, can't watch AMC - need subscription? And DVR recordings have failed for we

New Poster

On Demand isn't working, can't watch AMC - need subscription? And DVR recordings have failed for we

what is wrong with Xfinity?  Why does your app continually degrade and fail to work?  I log in to watch my recording of walking dead and it only recorded 11 minutes.  I try to watch on demand, and now no episodes show up.  I try to log into the AMC app and it says it's no longer included in my service.

For the money we pay for Xfinity, we need far better service.  Time to search out other options!!

New Poster

Re: On Demand isn't working, can't watch AMC - need subscription? And DVR recordings have failed fo

It seems there was an update pushed to On-Demand recently because the interface looks differetn for some shows, I'm guessing they broke something. Bascially On-Demand is not usable for me right now. I can't watch any shows, tells me to subscribe event though I have these channels in my package. Very dissapointing, I tried unplugging the box and waiting 10 min and plugging it back in but that did not help. Hope they fix it soon.

Contributor

Re: On Demand isn't working, can't watch AMC - need subscription? And DVR recordings have failed fo

Same here--- on-demand channels only give me option to 'buy/rent' from other channels.  

Called support last night, tried to refresh signal a couple times & unplugged box--- still no good. 

New Poster

I have struggled with On Demand for almost a week. Please get it together. Disappointing and frustrating. And please do not insult my intelligence by telling me to unplug the cable boxes for 10 minutes. Paying way too much to endure such problems. I love cable, but not at the moment. I also don’t want to call India to have someone there tell me to unplug. So pleeeeeeeeze do something! 

Contributor

Got mine back on Tuesday after they again sent refresh signal to my box (gave them ticket # from previous night's attempts).  I prefer to chat with them online so no miscommunications because of language accents.  

Good luck--- hope you get your issues resolved. 

Contributor

I had issues on not connecting to On Demand for about 3 weeks. Kept getting a " we're sorry we're having issues atm" message. For the last week it's been working but -barely-. I have to try it like 4 times before it even engages and when it finally does it's very slow in loading. I've mentioned this both through calls/on line chats where of course I've unplugged my box about a million times and refreshed but that hasn't fixed it. It's obviously a wide spread problem with seemingly no one at Comcast  willing to -actually- deal with and get to the root of THEIR problem. 

Contributor

I know--- they tell you to unplug boxes (dvr or modem), send refresh signals or to clean history cache/cookies-- when it is obviously on their end.  

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation