Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand has not worked for one week!

New Poster

On Demand has not worked for one week!

Pay way to much for this to happen this long. I rely on On Demand. Please get the issues fixed. I have already unplugged boxes. Never does that help.  I am an avid Comcast supporter but this is so very frustrating. And then the bill arrives. Begging you to call The Geek Squad at least if your technology people cannot fix things. 

New Poster

Re: On Demand has not worked for one week!

Dear fellow fustrated customer I just had TECHS here which report this is a National issue and Comcast does not know yet how to fix it.  IT"S BS I'm asking for a reduction in price until they get the confounded problem fixed. 

Contributor

I'm seeing more and more On Demand not working issues, and it seems to me all complaints are being completely ignored. Very unprofessional of Comcast. When I complain and want a price reduction I'm told I could get a $20 credit on my next bill. That's not enough. 

Cable Expert

@Subscriber3 wrote:

Pay way to much for this to happen this long. I rely on On Demand. Please get the issues fixed. I have already unplugged boxes. Never does that help.  I am an avid Comcast supporter but this is so very frustrating. And then the bill arrives. Begging you to call The Geek Squad at least if your technology people cannot fix things. 

Have you called? Had a tech visit?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi @Subscriber3, @Kingslanding60, and @ChristyU1

Sorry for the issues you all are having with OnDemand. I was able to access On Demand with no issues or error codes and would like to review your accounts to see how we can fix your issues.

Are any of you receiving any error codes that you can provide me? 

Is this issue happening on all programs on demand or is it isolated to recordings? 

Can you please provide more details so I can begin troubleshooting, or check for any known issues? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been having the same problem.  When I try to watch anything on On Demand, I get the a message saying
"Unable to Process Request," and directing me to "comcast.com/help."  Then that goes away, and I get a different message saying that Comcast is experincing a "problem" right now, and giving me error code SRM-OXOO11.  I've tried this numerous times. 

I also am unable to watch anything on xfinity.com.  No error messages there, it just endlessly tries to start playing the show, but never starts. 

This is a real problem.

Contributor

I have been having on and off issues for the last month with On Demand. I had a tech come yesterday. Got a new box. It worked for 1 show. I went to work, came home and got another error message. Got up this morning and after trying it over and over and OVER for the last 3 hours it's finally engaging. The code means nothing. The messages change from can' connect to server' to 'we're experiencing issues' to 'try unplugging your box'. There is NOTHING WRONG with my lines, my box, my connectors. My cable channels work just fine, so hello, it is obviously an issue way higher up. Wasn't even offered a credit on my bill which is bad customer relations actually. This problem is an in house COMCAST problem, not a user problem, and needs to be addressed! 

Contributor

And now it's shutting down on it's own. Like literally just stopped. Tried to re-engage, took 15 minutes to do so, got the show up only to have it shut down again. Managed to watch 2 different shows prior to this. So this isn't just a certain On Demand selection, this is all aspects of On Demand. This is seriously aggravating, and I'd like to find out how to get money credited on my bill. 

Official Employee

Hi @ChristyU1 and @msg818

I will need to access your account to try to locate the cause of your issues. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Got excited for a minute. Was able to watch two.. TWO whole shows this morning, now an hour later after signing off it's not working agan. Apparently you're experiencing issues still. I would like a $50 credit on my next bill please. That's just under half of what I pay; this is a fair number since half of my viewing in On Demand due to the fact I work nights and the shows I like I need to watch the next day.

Official Employee

@ChristyU1,

Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I did. Yesterday. 

Official Employee

Found it. I'll reach out and reply there. Chat with you in a sec.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation