New Poster

Re: On Demand commercials are cutting off part of shows

Preacher. Season 2 episode 2 

34:35

38:02 

just one example. 

Regular Visitor

Add me to the list. Preacher s2e2 @14.51 for example. Like others have posted I also see it on Dark Matter s2e2 (syfy) and Turn s4e2 (AMC). I called Comcast and they blamed the network, in this case Syfy and AMC. I call BS on it being the network(s).<br><br>Oddly enough if I stream it on tv.xfinity.com the Preacher episode doesn't have the problem but Turn does, with a different commercial than OnDemand but at the same time. Of course the picture quality is awful that way, even though Amazon Prime video looks good. <br><br>Tell me again why I'm paying for X1?
New Poster

This is happening on all the new episodes of washington's spies and its at every commercial break. 

Contributor

Re: Missing scenes because of commercials

Comcast KenF, I PM'd you, but here is a rehash of what I wrote:

My problem is with Turn: Washington's Spies Season 4 ... Episodes 2 and 3.

Others have mentioned the Better Call Saul Finale, all the new episodes of Fear the Walking Dead, and it appears to be happening on SyFy shows as well. If you go to most any AMC show, you're going to see the problem.

It happens at every spot that a commercial is supposed to be airing. In others words, hypothetically, let's say a commercial should be at the 15 minute mark. At that stage, there is a brief cut to black and then the action resumes with no commercial. Within a few minutes, in the middle of the action, a commercial break pops up. When it's done, the part of the action that was overwritten is wiped out. You are in the middle of a different scene.

In the case of Turn: Washington's Spies, commercial breaks cut into the action. Action that is missed by commercials is gone and does not show up. You are missing action. The end is cut off.

One such example, Season 4, Episode 2 of Washington's Spies. It looks like there should be commercials at the 13-minute mark. There is none. At the 14-minute, 20 second mark a commercial break interrupts a conversation. When we come back at 17:10, there is a different scene in progress.

At the 23-minute mark of the same episode, there is a spot where it appears there should be a break. We fade to black and go straight into a scene. At the 26-minute mark, a conversation is cut off again by a commercial block. When we come back 2 minutes, 30 seconds later, two different characters are in the middle of a different conversation at a different place.

At the 31-minute mark, we again miss a commercial break. Fade to black, no commercials. Then at the 35:45 mark, a character is having a conversation with a prisoner. He says, "It might surprise you to know I wasn't born in England." And he is cut off promptly. Two and a half minutes later, the character is up in the prisoner's face, instead of the on the other side of the room, and says, "So you see, Caleb, I am home."

At the 45 minute mark, missed commercial. 1 minute 15 seconds later, commercial block breaks in on a scene. Then, after the commercials, on-demand cuts off and sends you back to the Turn On Demand Menu. You miss the ending. It's blocked out. 

Contributor

Incorrect, AndyRoss. I watched Turn: Washington's Spies Episode 2 of Season 4 a day after it was aired. The trouble was there. Then, when it "turned over", it stayed the same.

New Poster

No it doesn't 

Frequent Visitor

I love the Comcast reps are asking questions like they are not aware of the issue...lol. It's been occuring for months (over a year?) and there are no less than 14 threads about it on this board. (And that does not include the threads that were improperly closed as "resolved"). 

How is it that we are better at your job then you are? Laughable. 

Frequent Visitor

it is during every commercial brak.

New Poster

Re: Commercials during shows instead of at breaks?

I've also been having this problem during S3E10 "Lantern" of Better Call Saul. Specific timestamps are at 16:17, 32:27, 44:48, 52:08!

Regular Visitor

And don't blame AMC. I tried to watch the shows (Preacher) on On-Demand on the computer, but the same thing happened. Was able to go to AMC.COM to watch the shows. Yes, they had commercials, but they did NOT cut out vital pieces of the show.

Comcast, get your act together.

New Poster

Glad to see it is not just me having this problem (just watched Preacher S02E02), but am somewhat disappointed that this thread was started a week and a half ago, yet Comcast has yet to solve the problem. It seems to me that that the metadata that describes the time markers is incorrect, as not only do commercials pop up incorrectly, they do not come on when they "should," i.e. at the end of a scene where a commercial break is obviously intended. Also, at the very end of the entire program (including the commercials at the end), the screen showed that there were still 9 minutes remaining, with only 51 minutes having elapsed. I didn't count how many "rogue" commercials there were, but it wouldn't surprise me if their total duration equalled those "lost" 9 minutes. 

While I doubt I'll cut the cord over this one issue (assuming it gets resolved), I can see why one would; there are so many options out there (including downloading it illegally for free, unfortunately) that it is becoming harder and harder to justify the expense of a legacy cable provider.  

Contributor

AMC TURN Season 4

Episode 2 The Black Hole of Calcutta

Episode 3 Blood for Blood

ComcastKenF wrote:

Hello All. 

There are a few threads on forums that are reporting this issue. If you can, please send me the show title, the season, episode number, and the time stamp so I can get this info to our On Demand team. 

Thanks. 

New Poster

Cleverman from Sundance TV -- at least the 2nd season episode 1 -- is doing the same thing. (I also had the problem with AMC's Turn. For all the episodes I didn't have recorded.)
Contributor

OK, I made two posts on here describing the times for Turn and telling AndyRoss that it's not just content that is put back on after going off, it also happened when content is originally placed On Demand. Now those posts are gone. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Official Employee

Hello commercials, thank you for making us aware of this issue I do see the error on my end as well. I have alerted our on demand team of this issue so that it can be communicated with the network and resolved.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastMax has posted (at 5:04 PM EDT) in a related thread:

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 10

Hi, all. I've received an update as of today that AMC and our engineers have determined the root cause and are working to correct all assets affected. I will update this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

I've noticed it on "Fear the Walking Dead" 3.04 and 3.05.  It seems to be happening with episodes that fall outside of the one-week time frame after the original airdate and when you can start fast-forwarding the commercials.  AMC allows you to fast-forward commercials after approximately one week after the original air date.  Basically the commercials start and stop in the middle of scenes.  It's through the ENTIRE EPISODE and during EACH AND EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK!  I can't give you a time stamp -- it effects the entire episode and each commercial break.  You would have to start watching one of these episodes that I mentioned above to see what I mean...  

Regular Visitor

Yay good news, hopefully this is fixed soon.  And yes, it effects EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK.

New Poster

Turn episode 3 & 4. Happening mid show and in the midde of scenes. Showing lots of commercials and when show comes back on chunks have been missed. Episode Blood for Blood was terrible. It happened at least 4 times in a one hour program. Very poor service!
New Poster

Every episode of Turn on AMC.
please direct us to the means of securing credit towards our bill as the On Demand service is my primary reason for continuing to remain on the cord.
New Poster

Re: Error with commercials...So it's cutting off On Demand shows!

I'm having the same issue and I'm very irritated! Can't watch on demand without it cutting off during the show for commercials, right in the middle of key scenes!!! I'm not getting what I'm paying for!!!
New Poster

It affects most episodes of Turn season 4. Still happening as of 7/11/17.
Official Employee

All - apologies again for the issue and the experience here.

As mentioned above, we have identified several programs from AMC and IFC where this issue is apparent. The metadata with these programs was incorrect which is triggering the ad breaks incorrectly. Our teams have been and continue to work directly with IFC and AMC (and their delivery provider) to have replacement programs delivered to us without these errors.

Apologies again and thanks for your continued patience. We will be able to provide an update in regard to estimated timing soon.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

As mentioned above, we have identified several programs from AMC and IFC where this issue is apparent. The metadata with these programs was incorrect which is triggering the ad breaks incorrectly. Our teams have been and continue to work directly with IFC and AMC (and their delivery provider) to have replacement programs delivered to us without these errors.

Apologies again and thanks for your continued patience. We will be able to provide an update in regard to estimated timing soon.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Admin1

Hello All -- Wanted to update everyone. We have had an issue with several AMC shows running ads in the wrong spot. AMC is aware of this and has acknowledged there was an issue with delivering those shows to us. AMC is working to have these assets corrected and re-delivered to us in proper working order. We are currently waiting on an ETA from AMC for when this will be completed. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

I've tested myself and see what you mean, djkst35. Our engineers and AMC are working together to fix the problem and all the programming it is affecting. I will post on this thread once I have an update. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same exact experience with Turn, Washington's Spies. Also with Season 4 episode 4. Comcast KenF - any update?
New Poster

No. Restarts in the middle of another scene. The commercial plays on top of the content that should be playing.
Cable Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Official Employee

ComcastTeds wrote:

As mentioned above, we have identified several programs from AMC and IFC where this issue is apparent. The metadata with these programs was incorrect which is triggering the ad breaks incorrectly. Our teams have been and continue to work directly with IFC and AMC (and their delivery provider) to have replacement programs delivered to us without these errors.

Multiple programs need to be resent to us from AMC/IFC. Apologies that this is taking as long as it is taking.  

Below from AMC/IFC:   

AMC is committed and understands/appreciates the desire to turn this around expediently.

There are (multiple) titles that are being re-run which require manual recreation of metadata to deliver. 

(AMC/IFC)... is currently finishing metadata and transforming csv's... we expect to begin delivering programs in an ordered fashion (yesterday) and complete by next week. 

TURN, Preacher, FEAR, Better Call Saul -  are the current priority and were scheduled to be delivered on 7/13. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

jsco1, there are about 70 different programs that are being manually recreated with new metadata. The programs are in progress and should be fixed soon (hopefully within a few days). I'll keep you update. 

KenF

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Ok, so have the programs been delivered and uploaded to ondemand as of the 13th or is this problem still unresolved?

Frequent Visitor

My feeling is that this is still unresolved. Comcast wants to squeeze every last penny out of their Ad-Free solution before the "problem" gets "fixed". I am still not convinced this whole thing wasn't intentional from the on-start. 

New Poster

Its time for an update on this situation. Have the shows that were delivered on the 13th been uploaded yet and if not, when will they be?

New Poster

AMC On-Demand - Added commercials - Missing content - Delayed availability

When watching AMC shows on-demand, commercials are cutting into the show at the incorrect times. I've seen this reported before, but based on the volume of recent complaints on these forums, its clearly getting worse. The commercial placements do not match the commercial placements when watching live TV, as live TV affords me the entire show with zero missed content. It appears AMC or Comcast (or both) are inserting additional commercials into the on-demand versions of the shows in order to hype up their AD FREE channel for an extra $5/month. Now they've gone as far as to ONLY offer the AD FREE version of the show on-demand immediately after it airs...so now I have to wait until the next day to watch on-demand, or pay an extra $5/month to watch it sooner via the new AD FREE service. Total garbage.

This is embarrassing and shameless for Comcast and/or AMC. FCC investigation?

I mean, if I'm way off base here then this is the worst coincidence ever, and its making the provider and the network look horrible. If these are truly issues, you might want to fix them, stat.

Official Employee

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been told that the shows below have been resent from AMC and are now working correctly. I have not checked them myself. 

AMC Better Call Saul 310
AMC Fear the Walking Dead 304
AMC Fear the Walking Dead 305
AMC Preacher 202
AMC TURN 402
AMC TURN 403
AMC TURN 404

The below programs from AMC/IFC/Sundance and WEtv are still in the process of being delivered to us and corrected versions are expected to be available by the end of this week. Apologies this is taking as long as it is taking. Thanks again for your continued patience.  

IFC Baroness Von Sketch 104
SUN Close Up w/ THR 303
SUN Gomorrah 212
WE tv Growing Up Hip Hop: ATL 104
WE tv Growing Up Hip Hop: ATL 105
WE tv Kendra on Top 604
WE tv Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars 807
AMC Halt and Catch Fire 307
AMC Halt and Catch Fire 308
IFC Bunk 101
IFC Bunk 102
IFC Bunk 103
IFC Bunk 105
IFC Bunk 108
IFC Bunk 109
IFC Bunk 110
SUN Law & Order 417
SUN Law & Order 420
SUN All in the Family 601
SUN All in the Family 602
SUN All in the Family 603
SUN All in the Family 605
SUN Bob Newhart 219
SUN Bob Newhart 220
SUN Bob Newhart 221
SUN Bob Newhart 222
SUN Bob Newhart 223
SUN Bob Newhart 224
SUN Bob Newhart 301

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: AMC On-Demand - Added commercials - Missing content - Delayed availability

Apologies for the delay in responding, I have been told that the shows below have been resent from AMC and are now working correctly. I have not checked them myself.

AMC Better Call Saul 310
AMC Fear the Walking Dead 304
AMC Fear the Walking Dead 305
AMC Preacher 202
AMC TURN 402
AMC TURN 403
AMC TURN 404

The below programs from AMC/IFC/Sundance and WEtv are still in the process of being delivered to us and corrected versions are expected to be available by the end of this week. Apologies this is taking as long as it is taking. Thanks again for your continued patience.

IFC Baroness Von Sketch 104
SUN Close Up w/ THR 303
SUN Gomorrah 212
WE tv Growing Up Hip Hop: ATL 104
WE tv Growing Up Hip Hop: ATL 105
WE tv Kendra on Top 604
WE tv Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars 807
AMC Halt and Catch Fire 307
AMC Halt and Catch Fire 308
IFC Bunk 101
IFC Bunk 102
IFC Bunk 103
IFC Bunk 105
IFC Bunk 108
IFC Bunk 109
IFC Bunk 110
SUN Law & Order 417
SUN Law & Order 420
SUN All in the Family 601
SUN All in the Family 602
SUN All in the Family 603
SUN All in the Family 605
SUN Bob Newhart 219
SUN Bob Newhart 220
SUN Bob Newhart 221
SUN Bob Newhart 222
SUN Bob Newhart 223
SUN Bob Newhart 224
SUN Bob Newhart 301

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Trying to watch TURN Washington's Spies Season 4, Episode 2, but it's trying to get me to pay extra for AMC commercial-free. I have no SD option for on demand. There is no way to watch unless paying for ad free. So ... maybe not fixed?

Problem Solver

If I browse TV Shows>by Network>AMC>Turn, I can access all episodes for free on my non-X1, set top box.  Hope this helps.

Official Employee

Hello all, 

Many of the on demand content has been replaced by the networks. There are just a few in progress at this time. Thank you for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thanks Bulkington. Unfortunately, we have the X1 box but SD with it (we had a special offer at one time for HD and took it). So, still no luck with episode 2. 

Admin1

Hello All -- AMC has replaced all assets that were having ad placement issues. All On Demand shows should now be working as intended. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Administrator
Administrator

This issue should be resolved at this time. I apologize for the delay on getting this resolved. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi all. All of the content experiencing this issue has been replaced. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi all. All of the content experiencing this issue has been replaced. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.