Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand charging for new episodes of previously free program

Frequent Visitor

On Demand charging for new episodes of previously free program

I have just realized that CBS and Xfinity On Demand are charging to watch current episodes of Survivor.  The first two episodes of the season are still free On Demand, but the 3rd episode which just aired 2 days ago is only available to BUY for $1.99 or to stream on-line - which is totally inconvient. This is so wrong! I realize that Xfinity only provides the service and the network makes the decision to charge - but shame on you both.  We are paying for this service, why should we pay more. CBS if you think this will get us to subscribe to CBS All Access - you are wrong.  I will DVR Survivor from now on, although it means I can't watch it in any room in the house, since only one of our t.v.s has the DVR box.   Xfinity, you should advocate for your subscribers, who are paying A LOT (and just got an increase in rate) for your services, to obtain On Demand shows that have previously been free or are requested by viewers.

If anyone can tell me how to get Survivor episodes for free On Demand, please respond.

New Poster

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes of previously free program

I agree with Library-Lady.  Considering what I am charged for my Xfinity service, there is no way I'm paying extra for a show.  This seems like a great time to cut the cord.  Way to go CBS and Comcast.

New Poster

I was hoping it was just late, but I suspect this is CBS trying to push Survivor fans into their new "All Access" service just like they're doing with the new Star Trek?

Official Employee

Hello Library-lady. We're sorry you feel that way. We provide content for free On Demand when networks provide it to us to provide for free. Other programs, we charge per view based on the agreements with the network. Unfortunately, there would be no way to use our service to watch this program for free, at the moment. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

For what it is worth, the episode of Survivor I was trying to watch eventually did show up free a week later and listed in the alphabetical listing but not the By Network listing.  That said, now Designated Survivor from last week (Oct. 11) and Scandal (10/12) aren't available past the the first week.  I the past there was an intial viewing deadline for a show, usually 5 - 7 days, then the show would have a deadline for a month or more. C  BS seems to be waiting a week before offering a show for On Demand viewing this year, and now I'm wondering if ABC is also doing the same thing.  I just think I'll start DVRing the shows that seem to be iffy On-Deman.

New Poster

It seems that when anyone has a complaint about your services you always blame the networks. That's what you did to me when I complained about not being able to FF through commercials. How convienient. You are the ones that make the contract with the networks. If you can't negociate better deals for your paying customers, then maybe you should get someone in your company that can. Or, reduce our cable rates.

New Poster

I'm with you SB. 

Regular Contributor

I truly do apologize for our current limitations in delivering this service. We are constantly looking to new opportunities in providing the best service for our customers, and will maintain consideration of yours and other customer suggestions as we develop. Please feel free to provide us feedback here. Again I apologize for this current limitation.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Nice to know someone IS listening.  I've discovered that some of the programs that I can't find do show up maybe a week later is I wait long enough - however it is advertised that On Demand will be available the next day. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation