Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On Demand Won't Work

ANSWERED
New Poster

On Demand Won't Work

They upgraded all my boxes to the new Xfinity1 boxes today, and now I've got problems.

When I pull up a show--any show--in On Demand, there is no option to watch the show. Only to Mark Watched, Other Times, and Series Info. On some shows, it also gives me the option to Subscribe--to channels I already subscribe to. The Troubleshooting guide won't open on the website, I've contacted the installer 4 times and he still hasn't been able to fix the issue. Now he's not returning my calls or texts. 

Accepted Solution

Re: On Demand Won't Work

Brader, call in to the X1 line. Your boxes just need to be initialized and the entitlements refreshed. Shouldn't take longer than 5-10 minutes with the right phone rep.

I sent those same hits, it may be working by the time you read this.
View answer in context
Official Employee

Brader, call in to the X1 line. Your boxes just need to be initialized and the entitlements refreshed. Shouldn't take longer than 5-10 minutes with the right phone rep.

I sent those same hits, it may be working by the time you read this.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you so much, it appears that everything is working fine now.  Seems like a simple fix, but was quite the ordeal last night. 

Official Employee

Glad I could help you out.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have been a Comcast customer for 2 weeks. I have already had to turn in my cable box because of sound issues, I upgraded to the X1 platform and now I can not get any on demand services. I have an error code XRE22SRM8104, after 5 calls to tech support this morning the issue is still not resolved.
the ticket was opened 2 days ago. the ticket number is CR392888992. any help would be great
New Poster

Hello need help when I go to watch an on demand series i am getting the message, no episoids available.

Official Employee

Briand74, sorry theres presently a national outage.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have the same problem. My old box went out replaced with a new box now OnDemand doesn't work. It shows the preview in the top right corner then only gives one option "About On Demand". I've called customer service 3 times since getting this new box. All I get is a heavy accented rep that either resets the box remotely or tells to unplug and wait for 45 minutes for On Demand to reload. After it reloads it's still the same.

New Poster

Why doesn't that happen when the technician is at the house? Makes no sense to me because now I am aggravated I have to do this. Took 5 to 10 minutes to get rep, on phone 40 mins now scheduling appt. what a mess
Regular Visitor

Andrew, is there any idea when this "outage" is going to be fixed? We have been waiting to watch the second episode of The Blacklist for a week.
New Poster

For the last two days we cannot access on demand. I get an error message SRM 9003. It's frustrating to pay $$$ for premium channels and not be able to watch them. Smiley Sad

New Poster

Im having a similar problem. My on demand wont work. None of the pics will load its just grey boxes. Then when i click on a show to watch it,it won't actually start. It has 3 little white dots but never loads.
New Poster

We haven't had access to On Demand for a week. We get error code ERR-0x000f and are told to contact Comcast. Can't get an answer on the phone. 

New Poster

All you get is a "heavily accented rep"? That is a bigoted way of saying you are a racist but I am betiing you thought it was polite.  

New Poster

i get an error message with on demand service too. I tried unplugging but after awhile I just get the same message.

Tags (1)
New Poster

I keep getting the same message, but only on one TV - the other 2 TV's in the house are working OnDemand.

Frequent Visitor

All of my boxes are not working. I get a message saying to try later. Error 0x000f. This has been for a week and a half.
New Poster

Same problem as everyone else. I have had Xfinity for a few months now and every time I want to watch On Demand I can't because it won't load the movie. I watched a movie On Demand last night and now it's been out all day today. Simply frustrated and ready to cancel my contract because it's a waste of my time and energy to get on the phone with a rep each time it goes out. I didn't want cable to begin with, so now I'm seriously considering cancelling and going back to Netflix. 

New Poster

ever since i upgraded my box to x1, my on demand will not work  .........

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats