Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

On Demand Shows Cut Off

New Poster

On Demand Shows Cut Off

Lately all shows we watch On Demand freeze in the middle and exit back to the menu. They are mostly network shows we missed when they aired. It usually happens right after a commercial. Doesn't matter if it's HD or SD.

Help! It's extremely frustrating! I've tried restarting my cable box, but it doesn't help.

New Poster

Re: On Demand Shows Cut Off

I actually just reached the end of my patience with this exact issue and searched online to find your post.  It has been doing this for quite a while, but recently gotten to the point where 8 out of 10 times, instead of returning to a show after the commercial break, it just exits back to the On Demand screen.  Doesn't even remember where it crashed at so the only option is to restart the show, fast forward, endure the commercials again, and hope it doesn't crash again (spoiler:  it does).  

Same as you, restarting the cable box doesn't help at all.  I've also noticed that most of the images for the shows/movies won't load anymore, leaving the On Demand menu as a bunch of empty squares.  Hopefully someone has a solution that doesn't involve waiting for a tech all day, only for them to not show up.  

New Poster

It would be swell if an actual Comcast employee would chime in and address the issue!

New Poster

I'm having this exact issue. Just spent a good chunk of time on the phone with a customer service rep who clearly didn't understand what I was talking about and just kept refreshing my cable box. So annoying! 

New Poster

Mine does it randomly, not usually around a commercial. It is really getting on my nerves because it kicks it off and then I can't "resume". I have to start all over and hope for the best but 9/10it does the same thing
New Poster

I too am having this same problem. 

This forum feels like a ghostship. I see a lot of problems but hardly any attention from comcast/xfinity.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation