Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

On-Demand Server does not work

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

On-Demand Server does not work

I have not been able to watch Demand for a month now.  Every time I try to access it, a message appears on the screen that says "Failed to contact the On-Demand server.  Please call Customer Service for assistance

(CL-0x000f). " I spoke to a robot and was told to check my tv box.  That didn't work. 

How can I get the On-Demand Server to function again.  

Accepted Solution

Re: On-Demand Server does not work

Hi hbeaty, I could not have explain this better.The information that (cswint05) provided is correct. Please check your cables and make sure everything is fastened tight, then reboot your cable box by unplugging it for 10-20 seconds. If you still get this error feel free to reach back out to me here. 

View answer in context
New Poster

The On Demand error that you see on your screen indicates a weak or degraded signal going into the Set Top Box. This error message is generated when there is a loose or bad connection going from the wall jack to the back of the cable box. Check your cable cord coming from the wall to your box and make sure it is tight.

Official Employee

Hi hbeaty, I could not have explain this better.The information that (cswint05) provided is correct. Please check your cables and make sure everything is fastened tight, then reboot your cable box by unplugging it for 10-20 seconds. If you still get this error feel free to reach back out to me here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hello -- Thank you for all the suggestions.  I tried them all, unplugged all connections to the cable box and the wall. Then reset.   Still no DEMAND service.  I'm not sure I put the top plug back into the right opening.  Is there some where I could find a picture of the back of the Infinity cable box to make sure I've put the connections back the correct way?  The cable box is only a few years old; it's a vertical model, not a horizonal one.  

hbeaty

Official Employee

hbeaty there are only three cords, typically, plugged into the back of the cable box. The coax, the power cord, and the HDMI. 

Let's look into your on demand error. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hello --  Thanks for all the suggestions about my Demand problem.  I've tried all of them, but unfortunately had no luck fixing Demand.  Still can't access it.  So frustrating.  It worked perfectly for six years.  why doesn't it work now?  

Official Employee

Hello --  Thanks for all the suggestions about my Demand problem.  I've tried all of them, but unfortunately had no luck fixing Demand.  Still can't access it.  So frustrating.  It worked perfectly for six years.  why doesn't it work now?  

hbeaty, that's what I'd like to find out. Send me a private message when you can. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation