members

online now

discussions

On Demand NEVER works properly

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 1

We have had an HD cable box since 2009, I believe. My husband purchased a new television and wanted to be able to watch the HD channels in actual HD. Since then, we have gone through many, many cable boxes. I honestly don't believe it's the boxes and we know that it is NOT our television sets. It is the crappy signal that is going to the equipment, or the lack thereof one. We have lived in the same home since January of 1992, back when it was Adelphia Cable. We never had issues with Adelphia, but that was before HD. Comcast took over Adelphia many years ago and it has never been the same. We have issues with our cable on a daily basis and believe me, it's getting old. I'm so tired of calling and making complaints when nothing is ever done about it. There hasn't been any improvements in the actual cable lines on the road we live on. Comcast has done some upgrades on the main road, but not down our drive. We live on a short private drive that has three homes on it and nothing at all has been done to the lines that lead from the main road down our actual drive. Comcast came out a few years ago and replaced the line from our house to the telephone pole across from it, but they didn't replace the line from that pole along the rest of the poles up to the main road. I feel that if they would just replace that line, so many, if not all, of our problems would be resolved. Our main line is still the old coax cable that they used to use and the other lines in the area are newer fiber optic and the people who have those don't have our problems. I believe that the lines from the road to our home haven't been replaced because they only affect three homes, which is sad because it means that we, as loyal Adelphia/Comcast customers mean absolutely nothing to the Comcast company or their employees. Like I said earlier, we have problems daily. I am not over exaggerating or being dramatic, it is the truth. Many days, we can't even get the Demand to work at all and if it does, it often stops working mid show, which is a total headache because when we're lucky enough to get it working again, we have to start the show over from the beginning because it doesn't keep track of the progress of the program. We sometime have error codes, but usually the message just says that (we're having an issue playing your selection, please try again in a few minutes. If you're still having trouble, please unplug your box for thirty seconds, then plug it back in. If this doesn't work, please contact Comcast), but even after a couple of hours, it often doesn't work. We unplug it to reboot it several times each month and having to do this is getting old too. If we called Comcast every time the message said to, I would be on the phone with them every single day. I would just really like to receive a service that actually worked as it's supposed to. As much as we pay for this, it's absolutely ridiculous what we have to put up with. We pay about $180 per month for cable and Internet, and to me, it's outrageous! In August of 2015 I signed a two-year agreement (this is when I switched from Verizon DSL to Comcast Internet) and honestly, my husband and I are seriously thinking of going in a different direction and parting ways with Comcast. Years and years of crappy service has left us very unhappy with this company, to say the least.

Melinda