Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

On Demand Choice not there

New Poster

On Demand Choice not there

I watch alot of tv shows online because I miss the original airing...so I would choose the "On Demand" as to how I wanted to watch it...but tonight I was wanting to watch a tv show and I did not see the On Demand at all......can anyone tell me whats up with that?  Thank you

Silver Problem Solver

Re: On Demand Choice not there

Do you mean OnDemand itself was missing, or just that particular show? Not all shows are available OnDemand. It depends on what the network allows. Comcast cannot simply make everything available. On some networks, it can take a day or two, or more, before it becomes available.

New Poster

I have the same problem. Here's an example: For Below Deck (Bravo network) Season 5, there was the listing for episodes 1-5. The episodes 6 and 7 never listed, even though they had been broadcast by the network.  Suddenly episode 8 showed up on the list; still no 6 and 7.  After a couple of days, the list went back to just 1-5.  This happens for several shows.  Sometimes it helps to find your show "By Network" instead of the alphabetical show listing, but this does not always work.  

What's up with this?  I've tried unplugging both the router and the little black cable box. Nothing works!

Problem Solver

Lately; more of the major networks have been setting up their own "Network apps". Those of us with smart tv's only need high-speed broadband to use those apps.

Therefore; if they don't like what Comcast offers in negotiations they move shows either to Netflix and other broadband companies, or offer them only on their own app.

That means you will need to pay a monthly fee for their app, or possibly need to pay Comcast a fee to watch the missing episodes.

Forum Changes:
Forum Labels are HERE!... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation