Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Movies Missing on HBO On Demand

New Poster

New Movies Missing on HBO On Demand

I am trying to watch Alien:Covevenant on HBO On Demand, but it is not showing up. The only option is to pay Xfinity for it. The movie shows up on HBO Go (on Roku and my other devices) and HBO Now. Why not on my cable??

This is BS!  I’m paying big money to Xfinity for these services. (Unfortunately, I can’t even stream it on Roku because the upgraded Comcast Internet Service I’m paying for is too weak.). 

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Movies Missing on HBO On Demand

I wonder if this is a glitch? I can watch Alien: Convenant, but King Arthur: Legend of the Sword isn't displaying correctly. It's free on HBO Go and HBO claims it should be free via OnDemand until 3/24. So... I hope Comcast provides an answer soon. This is frustrating.

Edit/Correction to the above: I just pulled up Alien: Convenant, and I was incorrect: Although it's still available on HBO SD channels, the SD version of it is listed as a purchase option and it's not listed as a free OnDemand title. SMH.

Frequent Visitor

Update for Alien: Covenant via the On Demand service...

I just checked and the Free SD version has been re-added to On Demand. It's available until 3/17. At least in my region. Hopefully that means it's available for everyone.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword still has not been re-added as a free option.

New Poster

I had this same issue yesterday trying to watch Fahrenheit 451. I could only record it or watch it if it was live, but could not play it on demand. I could play it on-demand on HBO Go so I hooked up my computer to my TV which is a hassle, but at least I got to watch it.

Tonight I tried to watch Blade Runner 2049 and ran into the same thing.

I called Comcast and they acted like this isn't abnormal and told me it was because HBO was not allowing the content to be on-demand. I've been watching new releases on HBO for years and have never ran into this before so I found it strange that they said this was normal. I complained about it and pointed out that I pay Comcast for this service so if it doesn't provide the service level I expect, I may have to cancel my service.

Shortly after I hung up I checked and both Fahrenheit 451 and Blade Runner 2049 were suddenly available to play on-demand!

Coincidence?

New Poster

Use HBO GO and you can watch it in HD for free. Dunno why HBO on Demand is so weird but HBO GO works perfectly.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation