Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Netflix offerings come up when I search “free to me” but I don’t have Netflix

New Poster

Netflix offerings come up when I search “free to me” but I don’t have Netflix

I like to to search for movies and shows on demand. I always filter my results with the “free to me” option so that whatever my results are I am able to watch without any additional cost. Now, Netflix options keeps showing up in the “free to me” category. I am not a Netflix subscriber, and these offering are not “free to me”. This is annoying and very inefficient. What’s the deal?
Official Employee

Re: Netflix offerings come up when I search “free to me” but I don’t have Netflix

Hi Jenny7, have you ever had a Netflix subscription on your cable box? Have you tried rebooting your cable box to update your subscriptions coming from the back end system? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Netflix offerings come up when I search “free to me” but I don’t have Netflix

Dadky, I have encountered that even with New releases that are only available via Netflix . Press infor. button, then select "Ways to Watch:, options to view appear, regrettably not all are free.
Official Employee

Jenny7, if you have a Netflix capable cable box, Netflix is integrated in the platform and there is not a way, at this time, to filter out Netflix content. Please follow the steps Ashrita provided: 

Dadky, I have encountered that even with New releases that are only available via Netflix . Press infor. button, then select "Ways to Watch:, options to view appear, regrettably not all are free.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Comcast admits this has to do with the Comcast/Netflix role out.  Like you, I want it gone.  Free to Me is no longer Free to Me and Comcast will just make excuses.  

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation