Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Netflix movie choices in Free movie section

New Poster

Netflix movie choices in Free movie section

Hello, in the last week or so, while browsing free movies, I noticed Netflix movies starting to be a choice.  As I do not have a netflix subscription, these on demand choices are NOT free to me.  Therefore, logic would dictate they should not be in that section for my account.

Do you know how dissappointing/annoying it is to browse movies, read the description and decide to watch something to find out its going to cost and is in fact not free?

I called in to try and get this removed.  They said they could not remove this.  The customer service guy was alright and professional.  

Tags (3)
New Poster

Re: Netflix movie choices in Free movie section

Any solution?
New Poster

They've only said they're "investigating". Apparently they've been "investigating" for the past few months. Not to come across as harsh, but what exactly is there to investigate? Don't include content under "free to me" unless it's...well, free to me. If Netflix causes issues with the system and makes it difficult to tell if a costumer is already paying for that service (which I strongly doubt is actually the case) then don't include it in the results for free content until that issue is addressed.

Regular Contributor

Nearly every "free" movie I click on says it's Netflix HD.  Netflix HD is their two tier package.  So they are trying to scam people into getting it.  And it's far from free.  I don't have a Netflix account.  I do not want a Netflix account, and I don't want their free trial.  All I want is the real free movies that come with my cable package.  I have no intension of paying extra for another service.  It's not okay to have these movies listed as free in the free section when they are not free to those without a Netflix account.  It's a very shady to flat out scammy business practice.  And since there is no way to filter out Netflix in the choices, it makes it impossible to find the actual free movies.  Netflix should be listed as a Premium for Pay service and should have its own separate section.  They need to be removed from the free movies area. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation