Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

My Fair Lady (1964) HD version missing in ON DEMAND

Regular Contributor

My Fair Lady (1964) HD version missing in ON DEMAND

My Fair Lady (1964) which aired on Tuesday June 26 at 5:00 PM PST on Comcast HD channel 789.  And, was in TCM  (TURNER CLASSIC MOVES) ON DEMAND since yesterday June 27 but now only the SD version is in ON DEMAND.  So useless to watch SD version  due to POSTAGE STAMP size.  Please have TCM re-download and restore HD version.

S. Lannes

Regular Contributor

Re: My Fair Lady (1964) HD version missing in ON DEMAND

I refuse to call Comcast CSR which  I did two days ago. CSR n the Philippines did not seem to grasp and understand  my complaint re another TCM On Demand title.  But, she of course tried to sell me services I do not want.  Fed, up with this Comcast practice.

Again, reinstaate  My Fair Lady HD version to TCM ON DEMAND list.

Contributor

Looks like we also have SD versions missing of multiple films for TCM On Demand.  I read the discussion about this on the TCM Website.

I noticed that Foreign Correspondent was available only in HD as of 30 minutes ago and now is available in HD and SD.  There are maybe half a dozen other TCM films listed through On Demand that are only available in HD at this point, but perhaps someone is resolving this issue.  If not, Xfinity should consider this a request to do just that.  

Regular Contributor

Man  Who Came to Dinner and numerous other titles not in SD and many in not in either or both HD and SD.   TCM does not respond to complaints. Traditionally all titles aired are in ON DEMAND next day.  I called Comcast and reported but CSR useless.  Others hopefully will call Comcast. But, getting them to understand problem is frustrating as well as motivating  them to contact TCM.  TCM is a TIME WARNER COMPANY. Thus, TCM  is A T & T/Time Warner   owned since merger.  Timing of TCM ON DEMAND problem seems to be related to effective date of merger.

Regular Contributor

All titles right up to Maltese Falcon (aired yesterday) are on

http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm

But, I refuse to stream to my computer.    So considering dropping Comcast to limited package. Not worth nearly $280 per month.

Regular Contributor

See banner at bottom:

TM & © 2018 Turner Classic Movies, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved

Regular Contributor

The Maltese Falcon was aired yesterday but, of course, not in On DEMAND.   However, if you use SEARCH and enter Maltese Falcon -------------- there it is for RENT at $3.99 to $12.99 HD and SD. 

Contributor

Comcast:

It looks like this is becoming a related but new problem overall--TCM is not adding new films broadcast each day/evening to the Comcast On Demand listings, or if they do, the new films added expire today or tomorrow. The additions from last night/yesterday in HD only or were added as the previously missing SD version of a film originally broadcast Monday, June 25.  Many films will be gone from the On Demand list as of July 2nd or 3rd.  None of the films shown Friday, featuring Peter Lorre, are listed, nor any from yesterday, including the Noir Alley offering broadcast last night.

As I noted in a post on the TCM forum, this problem of failing to add movies as others expire occurred several years ago.  It took several weeks and multiple tries to resolve the problem, and it was blamed on a vendor issue.  The same problem is occurring now.  

It looks like the only new films added yesterday or last night are still offered in HD only and/or expire as of July 2--tomorrow.  "Let's Make Love" in SD was finally added to the HD version offered all week but both expire today.  The same applies to the SD versions of "The Man Who Came to Dinner" and "Mr. Blandings..." which expire/expired today. "Sergeant York" and "Stage Struck"and "All This and Heaven Too" (all broadcast on Monday, June 25) were added to On Demand yesterday/last night in HD only and expire tomorrow.

Comcast needs to contact TCM about this. TCM doesn't respond to posts or email and customer service has no information on this problem.  TCM is not submitting recently broadcast films to Comcast for the On Demand listing. Any recent additions are in HD only or are the SD version that went missing all week, and these recent additions expire today or tomorrow.  

Regular Contributor

Comcast offers no help.  Unresponsive to phone calls and postings.  They obliviously don't care.  They apparently don't monitor postings.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

TCM ON DEMAND NOT PROVIDING MAJOR FILMS AFTER AIRING

Why has TCM (TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES) major films after airing not been added to TCM ON DEMAND?  Examples: FAIL SAFE, 2001 A SPACE ODDYESSY, PATHS OF GLORY, CITIZEN KANE.  TCM is why I subscribed to Comcast.  What can or WILL Comcast do to resolve?

Official Employee

Hi SLannes, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you