Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Movie rental not showing up after pausing

New Poster

Movie rental not showing up after pausing

I purchased "Get Out" and we paused it only to have live TV come back on. When we tried to restart the program we could not find the option to resume. We only had the option to rent again so we did but I will be contacting customer service to refund the second charge. Anyone else having this issue?
Problem Solver

Re: Movie rental not showing up after pausing

After hitting ON DEMAND button again, did you page down to the bottom of the menu and select "Recently viewed"?

The movie should have shown up there.

New Poster

Same issue...went to recently viewed and last watched and to purchases...but NO luck!! They Ask me to re rent the movie , It is a nuisance because now I'm going to have to waste time to call Comcast to get a refund but first I have to deal with talking to customer support and that is just not something that I Care to do with my spare time, they need to get this fixed !
New Poster

Here's what worked for us. We pressed the Last button on our remote. That's where we found the rental movie again. We pressed OK on the rental movie. Then we pressed OK on the rent/buy button. It was there that we saw the option "rented " and we pressed OK. The movie restarted and but not where we left off, so we simply fast forwarded until we got back to our place and watched the end of our rental movie. Hope it works for you too.
New Poster

Having the exact same issue now. Rented a movie and paused it whilst my wife popped out. Even though the movie shows as having 46 minutes left, there is no 'Resume' option, only 'Rent/Buy'. I assume this means I've had to pay for the rental again... what a joke.
Official Employee

Hello PeterRobbo79, I can assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Rented a movie. Paused movie to long. About 10 minutes. Now movie cant be finished, unless i rent again. 72 hour rental is pretty useless if you cant even finish the movie.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also having the same problem. I rented Miracle on 34th St (1994) on Wednesday and it said I had 48 hours to watch it. I was only halfway through the movie and so I thought I could resume playing today, with still a few hours left. Please resolve this issue. Thanks
New Poster

Rented Girls Trip. Watched 2 minutes. Paused and took too long and now only option is to Rent Again! Please advise.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation