Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

MODGENS

Highlighted
New Poster

MODGENS

How do I FIX the MODGENS error. You know, FIX so it stops happening.

Contributor

Re: MODGENS

This problem started for me last night about 9 pm in the Richmond, Va area. It is still out this morning. I know it means the cable box can not communicate with the On Demand search server. As to fixing it, I have no idea. Mine is still out also.

Problem Solver

Well, I can bring up On Demand shows as long as links to them exist in the standard places. But I get this MODGENS error in using the Search function.

Thus, e.g, last night’s Humans S3E2 from AMC cannot be viewed. We can’t even be sure it is available.

By the way, somebody reported the lack of links for Humans S3 last week. No excuse for that not having been fixed by now. What the heck is wrong, Comcast???
Problem Solver

Comcast, fixing this needs to be a priority!  When so much content is accessible only via SEARCH (e.g. HUMANS, Colony) loss of that function is a major customer service failure.

Problem Solver

SEARCH is working again - I hope for everyone.  Cheers!

Contributor

Yep, fixed itself over here by yesterday afternoon when I checked. I never even called. I have seen the OnDemand servers crash over here more than once and they usually get things fixed within a day or so. I thought I would just wait and see what happens before calling.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation