Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Latest Episode of The Americans Missing From Xfinity On Demand

New Poster

Latest Episode of The Americans Missing From Xfinity On Demand

Episode 6, Season 5, of The Americans aired on FX Tuesday April 11. But it's not on Xfinity on Demand. Instead, Xfinity mistakenly designates a different episode as Episode 6 and says that won't air until next week.  Where is the real Episode 6? Also, the prior episode 5 is as 4. But 6 is the episode that's missing. When will this be corrected?

Service Expert

Re: Latest Episode of The Americans Missing From Xfinity On Demand

LAM3 wrote:

Episode 6, Season 5, of The Americans aired on FX Tuesday April 11. But it's not on Xfinity on Demand. Instead, Xfinity mistakenly designates a different episode as Episode 6 and says that won't air until next week.  Where is the real Episode 6? Also, the prior episode 5 is as 4. But 6 is the episode that's missing. When will this be corrected?

Great series. you mean Season 5 episode 6  It is available with your xfinity subscription using the FXNow app (login on home wifi). The one I recorded beginning matches the episode on the FXNow app (which has the Chromecast feature).

They skipped a week so the on-demand is due to appear in next 3-4 days. FX decides when they provide the on-demand video to Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Comcast please fix this.  AMC's "The Americans" S5 Ep5 originally aired April 4.  It is not on the On Demand list to watch.  Ep 4 and Ep 6 are listed, by Ep 5 is completely missing.  Also, S5 Ep6 oiginally aired April 11.  It is listed on the On Demand list, but is not available to watch.  Rather, it says that a repeat airing will be April 19.  Ep6 should be available to watch On Demand now, otherwise what is the point of On Demand?  Please fix this.  Thank you.

New Poster

I am having the same problem in Naples, FL.  This is ridiculous.

Service Expert

buddy0452 wrote:

I am having the same problem in Naples, FL.  This is ridiculous.

The program owner decides (contract) when a new episode is made available for on-demand. If scheduled as a repeat, they may have decided to delay issuing the on-demand. I'd check daily especially after the next air date to see if the on-demand shows up. you can watch it now on the fxnow app as detailed in msg 2 of this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

The problems with S5 Ep5 and Ep6 appear to be fixed.  Thanks Comcast!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation