Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Interactive Service, XOD, To activate service, press OK.

Frequent Visitor

Interactive Service, XOD, To activate service, press OK.

I had Comcast change my internet service plan, and I think something they did during that caused my Xfinity on Demad, XOD, to stop working. I now get the screen shown instead of a main menu of what to watch, "Interactive Service, XOD, To activate service, press OK." When I press OK, nothing happens. I have refreshed the cable box a few time. I don't know an entitlement refresh has been done; don't know what an entitlement refresh means. 

My cable box is antique; a Pace 510 A; see picture. My remote is too. I have seen a few threads with the same message but not seen what looks like a solution to my problem. My TV is an old pre-digital TV. 

I have spent hours now with Comcast on the phone and in Twitter, to no avail. I've done refreshes on the cable box; no good effect.  I'm working with @ComcastCares on Twitter but no luck so far. 

Comcast - cable box.jpg
Comcast remote control.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Interactive Service, XOD, To activate service, press OK.

I wouldn't do anything until you upgrade that box to something from this century.

Frequent Visitor

Would a modern box still have analog, 75 ohm coaxial output? (Like TVs from the last century?) 

The box, old as it is, was working fine till the Comcast staff changed my internet service plan. 

It's not inconceivable to me that I'm not supposed to get XOD any more due to the plan change, but Comcast staff says I am. 

Silver Problem Solver

You can get a box with coax output.

Frequent Visitor

Coax analog output or coax digital? 

The ancient PACE box has coax analog output. 

What model set top box does Xfinity offer now? 

Frequent Visitor

Same problem as the people in this 6 year old thread, which had no answer. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Interactive-service-on-D-message/td-p/1043025

Silver Problem Solver

You will have to go to your local comcast store to see what boxes they have, you cannot call and ask.

There are newer boxes with coax out that will work with your TV.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation