New Poster

How to watch CBS All-Access on comcast

Accepted Solution

Re: How to watch CBS All-Access on comcast

chidave99 wrote:

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

Not through Comcast, it's a paid app that would have to either be downloaded to a Smart TV or mobile device.

View answer in context
Official Employee

chidave99 wrote:

****Validated solution current through 9/2017- Community Team****

Not through Comcast, it's a paid app that would have to either be downloaded to a Smart TV or mobile device.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

For more information on CBS All Access:

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am very dissappointed that Xfinity X1 won't carry CBS All Access. I feel that I pay more than enough for the service and receive most other pay services including HBO, MAX, STARZ, TMC, etc. which I do pay for as part of a package. This should be included. I don't mind commercials. Will Xfinity ever get this channel? I do mind paying even $5.99 for the "privilege" of seing just one show, although it is a good one - "The Good Fight".

Silver Problem Solver

CBS All Access is NOT a linear broadcast network. It is a STREAMING service that COMPETES with standard cable and satellite services. On X1, it may one day become an app you can use, but don't hold your breath. They are mainly adding apps for services that are more complementary or extend options (Sling TV for example has a large number of International channel packages availabe).

New Poster

I am so dissapointed and upset that comcast does not carry CBS all access. I pay over $200 a month and this service should be made available to its paying customers. I am watching the show 'The Good Fight' and do not think it at all fair to have to pay extra to watch it.

New Poster

I agree with you 100%. I, too, pay Comcast for all their packages like HBO, Showtime, Stars, Max and a sports package. Why should we pay $5.99 for one show? I watched the first episode free assuming it was a regular CBS show to be disappointed if have to pay for CBS all access.
Regular Visitor

For all you moaners out there crying about CBS All-Access, there are contractural agreements that have to be made and agreed to before Comcast or other Service Providers can carry an outside source streaming service.  Not only that but CBS All Access has the right to simply say "no thanks."  It's not about Comcast just going in and picking it up.  You want to complain to somoeone start with the Broadcasters and why they ended up with exclusivity to All Access.  It's a marketing ploy to get viewers to subscribe to their service.  Happens all the time.  How do you think the Trekkies feel about it?  You want to see it that bad even for one program just subscribe or wait for the first season to come out on Blu-Ray.  But oh, I suppose we "just can't" wait so we have to find a scapegoat (Any Service Provider that doesn't carry CBS All Access) for our impatience.

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure, inaccessible location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [creative language substitution]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

I don't condone stealing content, but this model likely pushes people to torrent any of CBS' very limited exclusive content instead of paying for yet another streaming service where the vast majority of content is available for free OTA. CBS All Access is nowhere near as compelling as Netflix & they have the audacity to charge nearly the same price as Netflix.

I question how long this service will exist without some profound change to their pricing structure. Even for cord cutters it makes little sense.
New Poster

You guys do realize that Comcast has nothing to do with this. Don't you ? 

CBS wants to run its own streaming services. Having seen the likes of Netflix, HBO and Showtime, it decided that it too wants a slice of the streaming pie. Xfinity is a cable service. CBS is a content provider. Xfinity cannot force content providers to provide their content to it.

You are paying Xfinity 200 bucks for whatever programming Xfinity carries presently. There was no agreement express or implied that Xfinity would provide you everything that may show up on the entertaiment scene anytime in future. 

New Poster

So... what is happening is that CBS is getting greedy and they are trying to get a slice of the "streaming" pie. I will NOT be paying anything additional to watch their shows, it just isn't worth the monty, time or effort. Maybe a good choice for those that have "cut the cable". I would like to complain a bit about not being able to acess the Starz app any longer. It was nice to be able to log into my Xbox Gold account and watch a favorite series a day early, or be able to watch it while away from home. Why have they cut us off from that access?

New Poster

Can the "Easy Pair" xfinity function be used to connect a mobile device with the CBS All Access app to my TV through my xfinity? I'd like to pair the phone to the TV and watch the show on the big screen. Evidently the CBS app can cast to a Chromecast device; are there plans to allow similar casting to an xfinity set-top device?

New Poster

For all us moaners and groaners, I pay $300 a month for my Xfinity Service, I DO expect Xfinity to obtain the contracts necessary for their customers to watch all channels they pay for on their mobile devices. Otherwise, they should begin decreasing our monthly bill as each new app comes out which we cannot access. Or, they can just lose all of us who pay hundreds every month to get all these 'great benefits' for the channels we pay so much for such access. I am fed up with see 'In-home only' when I try to watch a show, regardless of the channel.
I believe this is something corporate should be doing, considering the amount of money they are charging their customers. Or are we dealing with more Washington DC mindsets. Take more, do less.
Silver Problem Solver

Again, it's the media companies screwing their own customers. They demand more and more money from companies like Comcast just to carry their networks, then stab them in the back by starting their own streaming services with unique programming.

New Poster

This is just wrong. I watched the 1st episode of the new Star Trek series back in September. Its been over a month, and I just checked to see why only 1 episode was aired thus far..

Well, turns out the joke is on me. I just found out the only legal way to watch Star Trek is by subscribing to CBS All Access Stream servive. I already pay "TOO MUCH" for my Comcast Subscription.
I will not pay 1 cent for CBS All Access no matter how badly i want to watch the show.
If enough people were to unite and refuse to pay, then cbs would have no choice but to pay comcast and other cable companies to broadcast their channel..

I will just find another way to watch the show.
New Poster

Couldn't agree more.  This nickel and diming has got to stop.

New Poster

And being charged a broadcast fee - already paying for it.
New Poster

Though I agree with you ShanB1 100% the difference is your paying for limited commercial and if you shell out $9.99 a month then you just got rid of all commercials on CBS All Access that’s right commercial free UNLIKE broadcast, and remember no one HAS to pay anybody anything they don’t choose to...again is everything too high priced? Nickel and dime us to death pricy?... Heck yeah but at least we can choose.....for now 

New Poster

I watch hawaii five o as well
Service Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [language]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

What the heck don't I pay enough.
New Poster

I only watch one TV show (The Good FIght) on CBS Access and it really bothers me that I pay over $200 per month and cannot watch CBS Access on my smart TV through Comcast.  

@gettyrose123 wrote:

I am so dissapointed and upset that comcast does not carry CBS all access. I pay over $200 a month and this service should be made available to its paying customers. I am watching the show 'The Good Fight' and do not think it at all fair to have to pay extra to watch it.

Frequent Visitor

Dear "DevineEnigma",

As a "Regular Visitor" you contribute nothing with your mean-spirited comments.  You are now hearing from a Technolgist that was instrmental in the development of the Technologies that everyone has now become a SLAVE to.  Some of my work has kept you safe (DoD), other work has only made our lives worse.  Sorry, folks ... I belived that it would make the World a better place, however, Human 'Nature' has ruined that ... as always.

For someone that tries to appear to know SO MUCH ... you do not.  The REALITY is that these Companies have known that Net Nutrality was about to end LONG before it happened.  Their (and your) claim that they were UNPREPARED for this is a LIE.  It is merely another PLOY to eek-out every PENNY they can in thier efforts to Monopolise the Industry, and in the process the Consumer pays the price in their 'Power-Play' to DOMINATE.

So do everyone here a favor ... take a 'happy-pill' (which I don't recommend), or someting before you try to 'HELP' someone, or go just somewhere else if you just want to FLAME and INTIMIDATE people.  I'm going to watch you, DE ... you can COUNT ON THAT.

Yours Truly,

Article_86

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats