New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Home Fires on Masterpiece, Season 2

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1 of 7

Will season 2 of PBS's "Home Fires on Masterpiece" be made available On Demand? S2E1 aired last Sunday, 04/02/17.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 7
I couldn't find an email address to complain against over on the PBS web site.

PBS: if you see this, be aware that this kind of behavior may cause me to stop my small monthly contributions.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 7

Dear VOD Team,

Home Fires S2E2 is now available, though not in the "PBS" folder and S2E1 is STILL MISSING!  Please work quickly with PBS to make this content accessible as I suspect the season 2 premire would be available On Demand only through April 15th.  @ComcastCares has been unresponsive in elevating this issue.  My hope is that the Administrators of this forum can act on behalf of this customer's interest.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 7

Happiness.  Home Fires S2E1 was made available this morning - before it expires on 04/15!  Still not in the PBS folder, but can be found under "Shows G-I".

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 7
Sadness. The SD video file for Home Fires S2E1 is corrupt after the 41 minute mark. We were watching it last night and it just ends abruptly at about 41 minutes. The ending is definitely missing.

By the way, it cannot be found on the PBS page; ya gotz tah go to the Search page.

THIS IS NOT SOLVED as claimed by Comcast.
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 7

Compound sadness - @ComcastCares has confirmed the episode abruptly ends at 41 minutes and has elevated the issue but they are not optimistic that it can be corrected before the show is removed at midnight 04/16.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 7
Why remove S2E1? Just fix the bloody thing. (All of Season 1 is still available, after all..via Search.).