Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBOGO / FXNOW on NVIDIA Shield TV (Android TV)

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Guys,

I got my NVIDIA Shield TV three weeks ago, and I just decided to register HBOGO and FXNOW....; surprise!... COMCAST/XFINITY is no where near the service provider list during my attempts to activate my device...

These apps worked perfectly with my previous Internet Service Provider...

Has anybody faced the same situation?

Any workaround?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 5

Same here.  Same problem.  You can thank Comcast for their usual sub par service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 5

I've complained on twitter to @comcastcares (what a joke) about not being able to use HBOG0 on my TiVO, and I think that Starz is also missing from mobile. I explained to them that as a T-Mobile customer, Starz doesn't use my data plan with the Binge On feature, which XFinity does not support.

I'm thinking about dropping the TV portion of my service and switching to sling.com and buying HBO Now and the equivalent for the other premium channels that I want. I can receive the network affiliates over the air here using the antenna on the condo building's roof.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 5

Just ran into this problem as well. I don't want a "work-a-round"! I want it supported so I can use the Sheild for everything that is streaming!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 5

I totally agree. I have the Silicone Dust HD Home run tuner + Shields and have a legit comcast cable card with a legitimate subscription. I DO NOT WANT TO RENT THEIR SUBPAR ELECTRONICS that get hardly any attention post release hence the HD Home Run and Sheilds to TRY to do everything legally at an affordable cost. I am already paying for the content. Come on Comcast, get with the program and realize that if you continue with this business practice you will be following Blockbuster and all the other video stores of the past into the ash heap of irrelevance.