members

online now

discussions

HBO Go PS3

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-08-2015 08:12 PM

Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 39 (9,061 Views)

HBO Go PS3

[ Edited ]

Ok. I just  bought the Xbox one  and now I can watch HBO Go 

38 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
Message 2 of 39 (8,952 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS3

No joy.

Shame on you, Comcast. I pay good money for HBO Go. The HBO PS3 app is there just begging me to use it. Yet Comcast gets in the way and arbitrarily decides to block it.

I am paying for an broadband + HBO subscription: SPECIFICALLY HBO GO. I don't have TV service so you ask me what I should be getting if not HBO Go?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 39 (8,215 Views)

Still no progress, and no response from Comcast. This is unacceptable. Contact your Congressmen to ask them to support Net Neutrality. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 39 (8,194 Views)

All - Thanks for your comments and feedback. 

HBO Go availability on PS3 (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 39 (8,160 Views)

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I am paying money to Comcast for Internet + TV + HBO and still cannot stream HBO Go thru. my PS3. Why?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 6 of 39 (7,970 Views)

HBO Go is now available on PS4. Will Comcast be preventing me from using this service I pay for on PS4?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 39 (7,668 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS3 and ps4

They can't reach an $$agreement$$ do to Comcast always wanting more I'm glad the fcc did what they did no reason I should pay 80 for almost 50mbs
And that's without cable you guys over charge and you taxing is ridiculous along with your promotions!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 8 of 39 (7,442 Views)

I'll give you an actual answer to what Comcast is doing here.  They are right now trying to bully and exstort Sony, Time Warner, Etc. to pay them a ransom to 'allow' this through their isp.  This is exactly why the FCC voted to make Comcast a telecom.  If Comcast fails to win in their extortion campaign they will do one of two things, continue to block the service untill they are fined by the US gov't (bad bussiness practice) or they will subtly change their subscription services in the next 12-24 months to try and hide their price increases that will = exactly what they think they will loose in profit over this.  Its shamefull really. True American business would adjust their offerings to what the consumer wants instead of using back room tactics and lobbying to change the law to force people into their way or the highway. 

Futher more the response that its a 'business decision', like that is an actual justification for cheating and breaking the law.  

Sad

Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 39 (7,441 Views)

they are breaking your contract plain and simple. they are intentionally and openly denying you a feature of a service you pay for.  You can legally leave Comcast any day with no fear of termination fee's

Posted by
Visitor
Message 10 of 39 (7,439 Views)

SHAME ON YOU.  Bussiness decions are not an exuse or reason for anything.  It is a word your hide behind when the real answer makes you look bad.  You have broken contracts with every HBO subscriber and you know it! You are denying a service your customers are paying you for.  This is further proven by other networks like showtime who you charge extra to 'allow streaming service'/

You are engdaging in shady business practices period.  to hide behind some kind of sheild of 'business' is both irresponsible and hypocratic since Comcast is supposed to be an American company.  Yet these actions serve to only actually hurt Americans since we are your customers.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 11 of 39 (7,374 Views)

Thanks!  I just submitted mine as well.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 39 (7,253 Views)

Assuming we still can't access HBO Go on PS3 or Amazon TV when HBO Go becomes a free service, I will choose a different internet provider--even if it is slower. And pay whatever HBO Go charges--even if it costs more than my add-on to access via Comcast.

I would rather support an internet company that isn't bullying media producers at the expense of its customers, and support a media company (HBO) that produces great content directly than pay anything to a company that prevents its customers from accessing that content (despite being the provider for the content!)...

Posted by
Visitor
Message 13 of 39 (7,017 Views)

If this isn't fixed well before my current 1st year subscription ends I will be switching to Verizon.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 14 of 39 (6,851 Views)

I pay for a triple play bundle and if I want to use HBO GO on my devices ie PS4 that is my decision and not yours. I pay for the privelege of your services. You do not have the right to decide what devices I use your services on. Unblock this now or I will leave as a customer. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 15 of 39 (6,784 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS4

I'm filing a joint complaint to the FCC for what I see as Anti-trust infringement & False Advertising/Theft By Deception by selling us a 105 Mbps speed on our internet but, most consumers like myself are lucky to get speeds in excess of 30-40 Mbps. This is blatant Fraud! As My Grandfather has been a customer forever 20 years I think they will be unhappy when they find out they'll be losing a loyal Customer. So, Comcast... Xfinity, or whatever: William L. Watson of Venice, Fl. will be switching to Verizon!!!!
Posted by
Visitor
Message 16 of 39 (6,782 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS4

I agree if they don't remed the PS4 block for HBOGO, I'm moving us to Verizon where they don't pull this shady Facist BS & actually give The Internet Speeds you pay for.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 17 of 39 (6,361 Views)

excited to see ps4 has hbogo.... only to be shot down by comcast not playing along. The only reason I have cable is because of hbo... hope comcast can work this out. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 18 of 39 (6,329 Views)

Thank you for your  reply and 5hats very goodthing. 

Thank you again. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 19 of 39 (6,049 Views)

Is Comcast going to do something about this? Its rediculous that my wife can watch HBO Go on her smart tv, while I can't with my ps3. Are you making me decide to end my service with you and just go through HBO Now? I pay for the service, So I shouldn't be limited or told how I can use it. I doubt Id get any type of response. Such great customer service.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-13-2015 02:47 AM

Visitor

Message 20 of 39 (5,962 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is absolutely atrocious. I'm ditching Comcast altogether.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 21 of 39 (5,368 Views)

Removed. Please review the Forum Guidelines: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 39 (5,273 Views)

Any update on when HBO Go will become available for PS4? This is just another strike against Comcast. My internet connection is slow and unreliable, and now I can't even use my new console to watch a network that I pay for. Pathetic.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 39 (4,773 Views)

It's been over a year and NO movement on this and now you're blocking not only on the PS3, but on the PS4 and the Amazon Fire TV!  Get your stuff together Comcast or I'll be switching to Verizon FIOS.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 39 (4,627 Views)

I am an angry WHITE WOMAN in America and it makes me sick when these companies bloviate about pedestrian topics while I sit here, popcorn in hand mind you, waiting to watch my darling JON SNOW kick some major white walker heinie (pardon my French).

Posted by
Visitor
Message 25 of 39 (4,611 Views)

It's like you read my thoughts and extrapolation of the situation to a 'T'! Good to know that I'm not the only American Consumer that knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 26 of 39 (4,203 Views)

Ridiculous.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 39 (4,161 Views)

Come on, Comcast.  You already reached an agreement with Roku.  Get it together with Sony.  Don't deprive your customers.  Motivate yourselves.  Need me to provide you with an uplifting quote?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 39 (3,785 Views)

I just got an HBO subscription through Comcast.  Why can I not stream it through my PS3?  I do not have a cable box?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 29 of 39 (3,755 Views)

usedmedia wrote:

I just got an HBO subscription through Comcast.  Why can I not stream it through my PS3?  I do not have a cable box?

Apologies. HBO Go availability on PlayStation (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

As you may know, we have come to agreements with Roku, Amazon and other third-party companies on these types of issues.

We continue to work with Sony on this. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 39 (3,743 Views)

I have filed a complaint with FCC, Comcast is in violation of Net Neutrality rules. As stated above, business decisions do not qualify for an exemption of Net Neutrality rules.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 39 (3,740 Views)

Sorry but you need to educate yourself more on what Net Neutrality actually means.  While Comcast is being obstinant and unfriendly to their customers they are NOT violating Net Neutrality (which means that they must treat all traffic in the pipe the same). 

They are choosing for business reasons not to allow authentication with a 3rd party service, which is a jerk move, but not a violation of NN.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 39 (3,716 Views)

I suggest you take your own advice. The Open Internet Order lays out three Bright Line Rules: No Blocking, No Throttling, No Paid Prioritization. Comcast has stated that the decision to deny authentication of credentials for HBO Go services of PS3 and PS4 platforms is a "purely commercial decision." Commercial is defined as "of or relating to commerce," and commerce is defined as "the exchange of goods and services." 

Comcast, then, is stating that it is denying login authentication for HBO Go because of a decision that is [related to the exchange of goods and services]. Well, the consumers have already paid for their subscription, meaning the commerce must be between Sony and Comcast. Comcast doesn't get to choose what it puts in the pipeline or where the pipeline goes, and it certainly doesn't get to make a decision like that based on money, which is what a commercial decision is. Comcast is openly and blantantly violating the "No Blocking" and "No Paid Prioritization" bright line rules of the Open Internet Order. By definition, this IS a violation of Net Neutrality, which is what the Open Internet Order is designed to protect.

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-10-2015 09:06 PM

Visitor

Message 33 of 39 (3,711 Views)

[ Edited ]

Again you completely misunderstand the stituation.  The 3 bright rules relate exclusively how ISPs must treat traffic traveling between an internet site and the end user.  It's about the ISP simply providing the pipe to your house and not having any ability to throttle, prioritize or block traffic in that pipe.

Comcast is NOT blocking HBO Go traffic since you can simply use a different device (Xbox, Roku 3, Amazong Fire TV, iPad, etc) to stream this content.  Nor are they charging HBO more to allow that content to travel faster in their pipes (paid priortization), nor are they making sure any HBO streaming data is slower than other traffic (throttling).  What they have done is not integrate their login service (which verifies if you've actually purchased HBO as part of your cable package) with a 3rd party provider (in this case Sony among others).  The issue here is a "business decision" because Comcast can choose which partners it wants to provide customer data to, nothing in Net Nuetrality says that Comcast must share customer data (i.e. who has purchased what packages) with anyone who wants it.

While this is an anti-consumer policy because it violates of the concept that you should be able to watch content you pay for wherever you want, it is NOT a violation of any of the 3 tenets of net neutrality because it's not affecting the actual traffic between HBO & the end user.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 39 (3,166 Views)

We have a perfectly good streaming player in the PS3 why are other devices allowed but no the PS3? We are paying for a subscription service that inlcudes HBOGo which I can stream to any other device. So clearl it's not limiting the service itself but blocking Sony specifically. What is the PS3 doing differently than any other device that it is excluded from the compatibility list?

It is sad that Comcast is willing to put its interests before those of their customers in this and many other areas.

I know it's an old post but should be revived periodically to remind you that this is still importatn to your costumers.

ComcastTeds wrote:

All - Thanks for your comments and feedback. 

HBO Go availability on PS3 (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 35 of 39 (2,842 Views)

it's like this company takes it as a badge of honor to upset its customers.

Company's executives need to pull to pull their head out. 

What did they teach you in business school? How the bloody heck did you get into the positions you hold? Clearly, having an  MBA doesn't grant one access to wisdom. 

NOBODY likes the interface or UX on the set-top boxes, which are slow and unresponsive. THIS is why people want to use their gaming consoles.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 39 (2,610 Views)

Just tried to activate my hbo go on my brand new ps4 only to find out that I can't access it???  Guess i'm about to cancel my service since there is plenty of other company that will allow me to use my ps4 and cost about the samn.. You say its becasue of buisness but Comcast clearly trying to start a garbage company because that is what they are offering for service.  Good day scum bags

Posted by
Visitor
Message 37 of 39 (2,398 Views)

I did cancel my cable service a couple months ago for this reason. We switched to PS Vue and it's been at least as good as Comcast but much less expensive than our previous package. I recommend getting the PS4 remote as well.

Cut that cord my friend.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 39 (1,987 Views)

For all the people you have over a barrel Comcast. Us Playstation owners would like to thank you for screwing us again.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 39 of 39 (706 Views)

Disgusting. There is no more patience. You undervalue goodwill, and undermine customer loyalty because of it. Times are changing, and soon your monopolies will extinguish, and the only way customers will still pay for your BS lumped together packages is cuatomer loyalty. If you contunue to ignore us your business will suffer, and I will be happy when it does if this continues for much longer.

Even now with HBOnow, hulu, netflix, and amazon prime there is very little reason to sick with comcast and I am seriously consisdering being done with it.

As and HBO fan would understand, SHAME *ding ding*