New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HBO GO on TiVo

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 50

First of all, I found a similar Topic on this forum, but can't seem to figure out how the heck to ADD to the discussion. 

Anyway, I am REQUESTING that Comcast get their butts in gear and allow us TiVo users to have access to HBO GO on our devices.

See the other discussions (if you can find them) but add my vote.

49 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 50

Hello rjcmil,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Comcast is aware of this issue and working as quickly as possible to resolve it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 50

I second that, not only was Tivo not listed I could not find supported devices from Comcast/Xfinity at all, but several local small town companies are listed..... Really Comcast can't figure out how to support login for alterntive devices???

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 50

I third this.  It's obnoxious that Comcast blocks HBO Go on devices unless the device manufacturer pays to allow it (ie only Apple TV and Amazon Fire have HBO Go on Comcast).  

I pay for HBO and I pay for Internet via Comcast, it's up to me what i use on my devices.  Either support it on all devices or none at all.  

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/03/13/it_s_absurd_that_comcast_can_block_hbo_go_on_your...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=523921

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141216/04312629447/comcast-still-blocking-hbo-go-third-party-dev...

Posted by
Visitor
Message 5 of 50

we're actually about to cut the cord from Comcast/Xfinity, because of this and similar issues.  good luck, y'all.  they aren't listening.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 50
It would be great if Xfinity rolls out support for HBOGo on Tivos. I can use it on my laptop, but the TiVo has a sweet way of displaying the seasons and episodes that would make it easy to use. This busy single parent would like to be able to catch some GoT when I can and have it start up right where I left off. TiVo could do that for me, if Xfinity would support the delivery of HBGo to the TiVo. Please add support for HBOGo to TiVo devices so that I can get to the username and password prompt. Currently there is no provider "Xfinity" listed among the cable providers for the HBOGo app on a TiVo.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 50
I can't agree more. I will be canceling my service because of this.

Such a huge miss on their part.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 50

Let's see.  FIOS supports it and XFINITY doesn't.  FIOS wants my business, and Comcast jacked up my rates.  I guess it's time.

This is not laziness in sorting out a technical problem.  Someone at Comcast wants money from someone else.  I had to wait like a year for Comcast to support HBO GO on Roku, and this is the same thing all over again.  Good news for Verizon.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 50

Does xfinity offer HBO Go on my TiVo device?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 50
Nope. People have been asking for it for a year and a half. Go to www.hbogo.com/activate and you will see so for yourself.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 50

Greetings,

Just add me to the list of people impatiently waiting for you to add HBO Go access to Tivo. While you're "working as quickly as possible to resolve" this issue I'm seriously thinking of dropping HBO and switching to HBO Now.

Your choice.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 12 of 50
Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 50

My contract is up in January at which time I will be switching to another provider which has the facility to provide Tivo and HBO GO to my service capability.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 50

your aware that all the hbo on demand movies are available on tivo/ comcast if you have hbo subscription with comcast - never really liked hbo site or xfinity site rating hbo content I use Justwatch to find hbo content(has great filters like roten totmato rating and you can narrow search to hbogo) when you find something to watch use TIVO search and hbogo stuff will be found under xfinity vod free with hbo subscripton. can find hbo series etc also just need to know what you want to watch!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 50

I'm very upset about this as well.  I pay for both services already and it's coming down to Comcast wanting to shakedown Tivo for some additional money.  Sad... 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 16 of 50

COMCAST''S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST IN THE INDUSTRY...THEY CAN NEVER FIX PROBLEMS

IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME THAT THEY ARE SHAFTING THEIR LIFEBLOOD (CUSTOMERS) AGAIN.

WE NEED OTHER CABLE PROVIDER IN SOUTH FLORIDA TO REPLACE COMCAST...THE END IS NEAR.

ANYONE USING ALTERNATIVE SOURCE OF CABLE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I PAY COMCAST CLOSE TO $300 A MONTH FOR TRIPLE PLAY...I GUESS I WILL GET HBOGO ON MY LAPTOP AND THERE IS NO NEED TO HAVE COMCAST SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY INTERNET PROVIDERS.

COMCAST PLEASE CONTACT ME TO EXPLAIN THE ISSUE

THANK YOU

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 50

Does anybody know if Comcast is currently, or has plans on supporting HBO GO on TIVO devices??? I spent almost 2 hours yesterday and spoke with no less than 7 people trying to get this answer....actually trying to activate it. When you go to the HBO GO activate website Comcast is NOT a listed provider.....although it seems like nearly all other providers nationwide are listed. Anyone else have this problem? HBO GO says Comcast needs to add support for this to happen.

Comcast if you are listening my ticket number is in your system.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 18 of 50

I can't believe that this issue is still going on. A thread like this was started back in February 2016 on another section of the forum and yet the problem continues. 

Comcast keeps asserting that's it's a "business decision".......well, my response is MAKE IT HAPPEN.  What's Comcast waiting for???......obviously more $$ from TIVO to license this service, which seemingly is not forthcoming.   Give it up Comcast and just negotiate in good faith and give HBO subscribers what we are paying for already.

I spent over 2 hours yesterday trying to activate HBO GO, talking to 7 different people.....even being transfered to TIVO company and no one seems to have known that Comcast won't support it (despite it being all over this forum).   Seems easy to put that answer into the CSR computer screen so we at least don't keep wasting time trying to do something that won't ever work.   Why is it that the fourm knows this but Comcast agents don't???   Crappy "business decision" that's why.

Add my name to the list of 1000's of others who don't want to do a work around and ADD TIVO FOR HBO GO

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 50

Hi Digital Care,

I'm sorry you have this job, it must really be frustrating to have to reply with such lame excuses. I know it's not your fault, I really hope you can find another job before people get tired of being over charged by Comcast/Xfinity.

I know, it's probably hard to believe but the company needs to understand that they need to focus on being the best reasonably priced ISP first and everything else is going to be a sideline. Content is valuable but it's going to find a way any roadblocks.  A localized monopoly only works when there are no other options.    Once AT&T, Frontier and the other companies that own the poles and right aways figure our that they can bring fiber to the home cheaper than Comcast can put coax in, they will be able to provide bandwidth that cable can only dream of.  

Bottom line, if your management can be reached, you should be helping ghee understand the frustrations that you see.  They should be able to handle the truth! 😅     By the way, TIVO users who pay for HBO and are Internet savvy enough to post here are a valuable combination of leading edge technologists and people that can afford to buy what they want.  I'd suggest that they are worth listening to...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 50

JHi Digital Care,

I'm sorry you have this job, it must really be frustrating to have to reply with such lame excuses. I know it's not your fault, I really hope you can find another job before people get tired of being over charged by Comcast/Xfinity.

I know, it's probably hard to believe but the company needs to understand that they need to focus on being the best reasonably priced ISP first and everything else is going to be a sideline. Content is valuable but it's going to find a way any roadblocks.  A localized monopoly only works when there are no other options.    Once AT&T, Frontier and the other companies that own the poles and right aways figure our that they can bring fiber to the home cheaper than Comcast can put coax in, they will be able to provide bandwidth that cable can only dream of.  

Bottom line, if your management can be reached, you should be helping ghee understand the frustrations that you see.  They should be able to handle the truth! 😅     By the way, TIVO users who pay for HBO and are Internet savvy enough to post here are a valuable combination of leading edge technologists and people that can afford to buy what they want.  I'd suggest that they are worth listening to...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 21 of 50

It's not that they can't (the authentication excuse is nonsese), it's that they wont. It's a matter of controlling the way you watch content.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 50

Has Comcast even begun the process of making this happen? Comcast has the most unreasonable rates.  If you look the other forum addressing this topic, Comcast tries to blame the complexity of the negotiations.  A question for you comcast, how is it any different from the negotaitions to provide access to Samsung TV's?  You seem to have had no issues with that venture.

The TIVO users are on average spending a couple thousand dollars a year.  The complexity of the deal has nothing to do with it.  Larger and smaller providers have managed to muddle through the process.  The bottom line is that Comcast does not seem to care what their customers are asking for.

If Comcast wants to build our trust back, they will reply with an update on what steps they have taken so far and when they expect to provide the service.  Enough stalling already. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 50
Hi, I know Crystal has to tow the company line but this is technically not true. There is no 'problem to resolve'. They want you to stay within their abhorrent ecosystem of on demand menu. You can log on to hbogo online without issue, correct? there's no technical undertaking here. They simply refused to add their service (literally every cable co in america was available the day it hit tivo- except Xfinicon. It's a matter of control, how and where you watch the content you pay for. Nothing more
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 50

Dear ‎Comcast,

It seems you have at least acknowledged the lack of support of HBOGo on TiVO on ‎06-13-2016 08:08 AM per your comments. It seems several months have passed and there is still no support. Shame on you for your monopolistic practices... use the Comcast box or else you don't get anything! Just another way to shove your solutions down your customer's throats.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 25 of 50

they have no plans, nor will we see it in the future. Maybe theyll feel generous (not likley) after they've finally completed their "trial" data caps across the country (where they've monopolized metro areas). As it's a additional revenue stream, with no cost associated with it, maybe they would cut us a break and let us use the content we pay for as we wish. You know, like pretending it's 2016 and you aren't the most corrupt company in America.

The data cap that they pay a static rate for, regardless of what we use, but want to charge us $10/50 gigs or $50 for unlimited. Because it's 99% of their users dont use anywhere near this amount, it's about fairness". if you actually break downt the horribly thoght out PR statement, It actually says they shouldnt be worried about a capping data, bc 99% of thier users dont use any, yet they get next to no discount for saving them money on data they supposely pay for per user. if 99% use very little, the %1 shouldnt impact the bottom line whatsoever with this theory. In reality, It doesnt matter what you use, as a last mile provider they pay a static rate.This is a way of generating revenue directly from those that dont pay for cable but clearly use streaming- theyre going to rob you one way or another and get their money.

I cannot wait until the day you have competition and I get to tell you to pound sand. As is, Im not paying for a data cap anyway (as I was told I would neve have to- in writing) and have already filed a complaint with the FCC and franchise board.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 50

Comcast, please get up to speed with all the other big cable companies and allow HBO GO on the TiVo. 

It's reasons like this that cause Comcast to have a bad reputation, and would choose another cable company if it was possible. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 50

Bravo Mark.....well said.   I have also contacted the FCC, although on an unrelated issue/complaint.  Comcast replied the very next day...and it was someone who seemingly knew something, not just another robot in front of a computer screen reading a canned script.  While talking with the rep I mentioned this thread  and the HBO to Go complaints, while I had a warm fuzzy that she may check into it.....as I believe she had the power to do it....I think her motivatiion was lacking even though she solved my FCC complaint on the phone, and I guess for her.....over and done......see ya later.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 50

And one more thing......over 3500 views on this thread.......yes, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED

How many does it take, Comcast, to chime in to us loyal TIVO users, and Comcast subscribers for that matter, who just want what we pay for.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 29 of 50

The previous thread on this appears to be locked down. Can't add a reply.

Just adding my name to the list of folks who want HBO GO on TiVo. Was shocked today when I set up my TiVo but found that Comcast doesn't support HBO GO on it.  Argh.  Please, Comcast, get this sorted out, thanks.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 30 of 50
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 31 of 50
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 32 of 50

bookman2 wrote:

your aware that all the hbo on demand movies are available on tivo/ comcast if you have hbo subscription with comcast - never really liked hbo site or xfinity site rating hbo content I use Justwatch to find hbo content(has great filters like roten totmato rating and you can narrow search to hbogo) when you find something to watch use TIVO search and hbogo stuff will be found under xfinity vod free with hbo subscripton. can find hbo series etc also just need to know what you want to watch!

Comcast VOD interface through Tivo stinks. And it means you have to search all the time instead of browse.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 33 of 50

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [bypassing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 34 of 50

Post Removed for violating the Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 35 of 50
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 36 of 50

Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You know what you wrote, there is no need to publicly announce it. Guidelines are here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 37 of 50

Post Removed from the Forums. CIRCUMVENTING THE LANGUAGE FILTER. Spamming a Topic is also against Forum Guidelines. Please review the Guidelines here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Posted by
Visitor

Message 38 of 50

Ok.  It's been a while since I tried activating. Gave it another try tonight. I checked the other thread out the first time and found this one now.  We're looking at at least 10 months where other providers have reached an agreement and Comcast cannot.  Can Comcast just honestly answer if they ever intend to reach an agreement?  I don't even know what the agreement is for. I have access to the content through my HBO channels using the TiVo box and a cable card. I have access to the content through xod. Why can't I also have access through a TiVo app?  Oh, I have access through an app on my iPhone, android phone, smart tv, Apple TV, chrome cast, smart blue ray player, ...   what exactly is the agreement for?   A simple authorization?  Comcast already supports the authorization process.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 39 of 50
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 40 of 50

Uhh, it would be convenient, but to me having a 4th way to watch HBO through Comcast is not going to require any kind of complaints.

Just would be nice, and would be nice if the Tivo explained why it wasn't working better. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 41 of 50
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 42 of 50

ComcastCrystal wrote:

Hello rjcmil,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Comcast is aware of this issue and working as quickly as possible to resolve it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Crystal,  why have you not followed up on this? It has been almost six months since you replied.  There's is nothing quick about resolving this whatsoever. Many have reached back out and you have failed to address any of the concerns about this topic for almost a full year now.

We deserve to hear the truth behind why Comcast continues to ignore this. Them maybe we wouldn't be forced to speculate and post countless times only to have some geek delete them because our speculation probably hits the nail on the head.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 43 of 50

ComcastCrystal is no longer with the forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 44 of 50
It's NEVER going to happen. You have to understand who we're dealing with- Comcast. The same company the rolled out their "trial data cap" to every market, then told us lies about why, and how they were doing us a favor. Comcast is literally the last major Cable Co to not have it available on tivo. Instead we have to use their absolutely abhorrent app. It's about control, how, where and on what you watch their content on. And of course, how they can get paid for the privilege (which will be passed on to their customers who have no other choice.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 45 of 50
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 46 of 50

Off-Topic Post Removed per Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 47 of 50
Posted by
Contributor

Message 48 of 50
hi, let me clear this up so there's no misunderstanding. This is NOT a 'technical issue' or some back end problem Comcast is working furiously to fix.
Comcast in their infinite wisdom once again, insist that you not only pay for content you watch, but it has to be in the manner, method and device they want you too. That Awful, unappealing useless on demand button isn't going anywhere, get used to it. Or don't, like myself I never use it because it's worthless, slow and painful.

Above everything else, this is my #1 beef with Comcast- they insist on treating their customers like idiots and perpetuating ridiculous lies. For example, if they were forthcoming and said were charging for data even though it's a fixed cost, because we can and you have no choice; least it would be honest. The fact that if I use 1 gig or 4TB/month, it cost Comcast th same.
but they insist on making up stories and treating us like jerks. Hbogo on TiVo same thing, not happening (I mean it's probably obvious 2 years later).
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 49 of 50

And then there is this.....look at how many posts have been deleted on this thread.  Just like in Russia.....if they don't like what you say.....they gag you.

I saw some of these before Comcast put them in the dumpster.....pretty vocal and on point group of people.

Keep on asking them to unlock our TIVO's for HBO GO......

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 50 of 50
Solution

Hello, all. HBO content can be viewed on the XFINITY Stream App or at tv.xfinity.com. At this time we are not authenticating HBO GO content on the Tivo platform. We will pass along all of your feedback regarding this feature. Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.