Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBO GO on TiVo NOT available

New Poster

HBO GO on TiVo NOT available

Once AGAIN, I am requesting that frakking Comcast allow access to HBO via our TiVo boxes.  This has been a topic for over two years.  HBO Go for TiVo (via hbogo.com/activate) allows what seems like a HUNDRED cable companies, including COLLEGE cable and FIOS!!  But not Comcast. Get with it!!!   Let's start another string of complaints and maybe someone with a brain will see them.

And Comcast employees - don't bother with the sorry excuse that this is HBO and Tivo's fault.  Thank you.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: HBO GO on TiVo NOT available

Any news on this yet?? Still waiting 2+ years...is this request being tracked and what is the ETA?
Tags (3)
New Poster

I read a year or so ago that this was a move by Comcast to try to redirect users to the Xfinity DVR and squeeze Tivo out. If this assertion is true, then it is not accomplishing anything except angering paying customers. I'm able to access HBO GO on every device (through my Xfinity account) except my Tivo. So, I just use my XBox (or laptop or tablet or phone) and play it on my TV. Irritating, but not exactly limiting. 

New Poster

Xfinity does not support and will not activate HBOGO on Tivo devices. The history/back story I have is that Tivo sued Comcast in the recent years due to Comcast's use of Tivo's proprietary software/patent allowing the programming of a DVR from a remote location using a cellphone.

Tivo won the lawsuit. Accordingly,  Comcast will not support Tivo devices in any manner. So, even though we are  HBO subscribers through Comcast, and we are entitled to HBOGO as part of that subscription, Comcast won't support our Tivo devices because because they are upset with Tivo?  

New Poster

Impressive.  Just another reason for me to hate Comcast. Smiley Sad

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation