Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Game of Thrones HD on demand -- different availability on different X1 boxes in the same house

New Poster

Game of Thrones HD on demand -- different availability on different X1 boxes in the same house

We've been watching Game of Thrones in HD on demand, but for specific episodes, what's available varies between X1 boxes in the same house:

• s02e10: SD free on all boxes, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on all boxes
  • s03e05: SD free on all boxes, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on all boxes
  • s05e01: HD free on main box, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on satellite boxes
  • s05e08: SD free on all boxes, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on all boxes
  • s05e10: HD free on main box, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on satellite boxes
  • s06e03: HD free on main box, SD free on satellite boxes, HD available for purchase @ $3.99 on satellite boxes

This is ridiculous. It is very clearly NOT an issue with "what HBO has given us," which is the default excuse. And it is NOT what I'm paying Comcast a very large monthly fee for. It feels like Comcast is trying to game me into paying for HD content I've already paid for. Fortunately I can jump to the Xbox to watch the affected episodes in HD, but I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO.

Admin1

Re: Game of Thrones HD on demand -- different availability on different X1 boxes in the same house

Hi shwotime -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I reviewed these episodes however I was unable to duplicate this issue. This appears to be an issue with your satellite boxes. We will need to get this over to our On Demand support team for further review. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and the serial numbers of the boxes where you're seeing this discrepancy on. I will have this information forwarded to On Demand support to assist with.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Game of Thrones HD on demand -- different availability on different X1 boxes in the same house

I am an HBO HD customer and watch Game of Thrones On Demand all the time - but this week when I tuned-in to watch an episode on VOD, I'm suddenly now being charged $3.99 to watch it in HD?? I am already an HBO HD customer!  Please explain why I would ever be charged for this content - 

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation