members

online now

discussions

Fox's Shots Fired 107 is HD-only

SOLVED
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 1 of 8
Shots Fired S01E07 aired Wed 03 May on Fox. It is available in HD, but not SD. All the preceding episodes, plus newest ep 8, are available in SD, so this is a flub-up. Please get Fox to add it.
7 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 8
I didn't expect this clear error and omission to be fixed over the weekend, especially it being Mothers Day.

But don't they work on Monday at Fox Television?
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 8
Y'all gonna make me sing the lyrics of "Stormy Monday" the whole way thru, aint'cha? The rate we goin', Tuesday was just as bad, and no doubt Wednesday will be worse, with Thursday also sad. Will The Eagle fly on Friday, though ?!
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 8
Well I'll be dog-maddened. I would have predicted a fix here before payday. It's a shame that eagles will fly given the non-fix and non-response by both Fox and Comcast. Can't Comcast generate the SD from the HD ?
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 8

ForrestS, I tried to get some traction on this issue with @ComcastCares - to no avail.  I requested they work with FOX, check with the network if there was an oversight in sending the content and ensure there was no issue/error in-house in downloading the SD episode to the On Demand server.  Their reply was the standard "...owner is responsible for content...", then silence.

The full length, 60 minute episode of 107 in SD was available for 3 days after it aired; that's when I saw it.  As you noted, the time-compressed, 51 minute 107 in SD was not loaded on May 7th when the HD was. Also, as you have noted, a missing SD episode does not fit the pattern; it's a flub-up...somewhere.

Comcast has been more responsive in the past.  Hopefully this can be fixed before 09/24/17 when all episodes of Shots Fired expire.  Maybe the missing episode of Swamp People will be found, as well...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 8

Hi all,  apologies for your experiences, and I can get this to the correct team for further investigation.  Are you still not showing Shots Fired Ep. 107 offered in SD?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 7 of 8
Solution
This missing episode got added while I was away. Issue resolved.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 8

Thank you for the update ForrestS and glad to hear the episode was restored.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon