Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Fast Forward Not Available

New Poster

Fast Forward Not Available

So when you can't FFW thru commercials, do you also just mute the sound so you can still ignore like me? I mean afterall, I'm already paying COMCAST for their "service" and they're collecting again from the content providers so why shouldn't I be able to have complete control over my viewing experience?  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Fast Forward Not Available

Comcast does not collect from the content providers. They PAY the content providers a royalty and other $$$ just to offer something, plus whenever somebody watches it. It's the media companies that demand that you watch the commercials.

Depending on if you have X1 or non-X1, you can use skips to somewhat minimize it. I think X1 will allow 30-second skips even with OnDemand. Non-X1 is trickier. The remote code for 30-second skip will actually skip 5 minutes, but newer Comcast remotes cannot be programmed with key remapping. 5 minutes may be a bit much, but you can REW back, and that is usually faster than watching the commecials. The review code (reverse curlycue arrow on older remotes, or can be assigned to A or D keys on newer remotes) will rewind 5 minutes with OnDemand (15-sec with DVR). Otherwise, the PageUp/PageDn keys will normally skip/rewind 10 minutes with non-X1.

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation