Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Failed to contact On-Demand Server (CL-0x000f) IP Address and IPPV Enabled both "no"

New Poster

Failed to contact On-Demand Server (CL-0x000f) IP Address and IPPV Enabled both "no"

Failed to contact the On-Demand Server (CL-0x000f) message when trying to connect to On-Demand. IP Address and IPPV Enabled both showing "no" on diagnostic screen. OOB SigLvl showing -21.0 and Chan, Encrypt, and Auth are left blank. Everything else is good.

Replaced an old cable and made sure all connections were tight hoping that would fix the problem, but it did not. Is there any way for Comcast to enable IPPV and assign an IP address?

I also noticed that the unit address is correct on the diagnostic screen but the MAC address doesn't match either of them on the STB.

Internet connection and other cable features work fine except for the On-Demand features.

Official Employee

Re: Failed to contact On-Demand Server (CL-0x000f) IP Address and IPPV Enabled both "no"

Hi Agii, thank you for reaching out here on the Xfinity Forums and this sounds like a signal issue. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Failed to contact On-Demand Server (CL-0x000f) IP Address and IPPV Enabled both "no"

Hi AGii,  thank you for working with me via private message.  If you are still needing assistance please let me know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation