Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error with commercials...So it's cutting off On Demand shows!

New Poster

Error with commercials...So it's cutting off On Demand shows!

This seems to have started in the past couple of weeks. I thought it would have worked itself out by now, but it hasn't. You know how there are obvious scene breaks, where a commercial would be if the show were on regular TV?  Yeah, that's NOT where the commercials come in when you watch the shows On Demand. Instead, the commercials will start all willy nilly in the middle of a scene, and apparently the show doesn't stop running in the background. So when the commercials end, you've just missed 30-60 seconds of the show and you have NO WAY of watching those scenes.

This is quite annoying, to say the least. And it's not just one channel, not just one show. I watch all kinds of shows On Demand, and this happens with ALL of them!

Official Employee

Re: Error with commercials...So it's cutting off On Demand shows!

rhannie8 wrote:

This seems to have started in the past couple of weeks. I thought it would have worked itself out by now, but it hasn't. You know how there are obvious scene breaks, where a commercial would be if the show were on regular TV?  Yeah, that's NOT where the commercials come in when you watch the shows On Demand. Instead, the commercials will start all willy nilly in the middle of a scene, and apparently the show doesn't stop running in the background. So when the commercials end, you've just missed 30-60 seconds of the show and you have NO WAY of watching those scenes.

This is quite annoying, to say the least. And it's not just one channel, not just one show. I watch all kinds of shows On Demand, and this happens with ALL of them!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Is this observation on TV, online or on our mobile app? Can you also provide some specific examples so that we can track this down and work to correct?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

We are having the same issue with "Better Call Saul", S. 3, Ep. 10.  Commercial breaks are up-cutting the program and we are missing ends of scenes.  This is happening on both On-Demand through the cable box and through the Xfinity website on demand.

Frequent Visitor

How many threads need to be opened before Comcast addresses this issue? 

Official Employee

keppler62 wrote:

We are having the same issue with "Better Call Saul", S. 3, Ep. 10.  Commercial breaks are up-cutting the program and we are missing ends of scenes.  This is happening on both On-Demand through the cable box and through the Xfinity website on demand.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. There appears to be a timing issue with the commercials on the shows that you referenced above On Demand. I have our On Demand team reviewing this now so that we can get this corrected. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

almost a year later and still going on with new season of Turn... over one minute cut off each time with added commercials..this is very poor performance on the part of comcast.

Official Employee

bootsr wrote:

almost a year later and still going on with new season of Turn... over one minute cut off each time with added commercials..this is very poor performance on the part of comcast.

Apologies. We are working directly with AMC on this issue. Thanks for your patience.   

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same type of issues still exist. I just watched  "Our I.diot Brother" on On Demand Sundance channel The commericals continuously were plavced in the wrong locations causing many scenes to be cut short, It was fine for the 1st 45 minutes but the rest made the show almost impossible to watch.

Official Employee

Torchwood68 wrote:

Same type of issues still exist. I just watched  "Our I.diot Brother" on On Demand Sundance channel The commericals continuously were plavced in the wrong locations causing many scenes to be cut short, It was fine for the 1st 45 minutes but the rest made the show almost impossible to watch.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I am working with our On Demand team and Sundance/AMC on this now. The content appears to have been sent to us from Sundance/AMC with incorrect data (metadata) which is triggering the ads to play at the wrong time. We will work with Sundance/AMC to get this corrected.

Thanks for your patience while the teams review and work to resolve. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.